Tuesday, 5 February 2013

Birthday Cards for 2013

Birthday Cards for 2013

Making birthday cards is not my favourite thing in the world. I feel limited to using only birthday icons, i.e., birthday cakes, balloons, party hats, banners, etc. I don't know why, but that's the way my brain works. And since all my grandchildren are boys, little boys at that, I don't get to play with fun, frilly, flowery, pink stuff. No, for me it's all about ninja turtles and things like that, so not all that interesting for me.

This year I'm determined to do more scrapbooking so I decided to try and get all my "mandatory" card making done for the year as early as possible. Thought I would share one today. It's for my oldest grandchild, Émérik, who will be turning seven in February.


The patterned paper is part of my all-time favourite boy collection - Rocket Boy by October Afternoon. It reads "Love you to the moon and back" (computer generated). I know it's hard to see, but I die-cut a window in the panel, lined it with clear cardstock, and backed it with the dark paper, die cut number and tiny stars. I'm hoping that it's kind of like looking out of a rocket ship window. That's my story, and I'm sticking with it!

Supplies:
PP: October Afternoon
Cardstock: PTI
Dies: PTI, Spellbinders, Lil Inkers

1 comment:

  1. This card is fabulous! SO many creative elements with all the layers, die cuts, and that window! Love that window!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated. Thanks so much for your encouragement.