Wednesday, 6 February 2013

PTI Day 1 Anniversary + MIM

PTI MIM & Anniversary Challenges

This is the first year that I am going to participate in some of the challenges and I'm all happy about that. Unfortunately, this is also the week that I'm really busy babysitting two of my grandsons whose parents actually had the nerve to choose this week for their winter escape to Mexico. They're vacationing with a big gang of friends (they're all turning 40 this year) and managed to come up with a date that was suitable for everyone. Except they never checked in with me! Just kidding. Love the kiddos and I don't have them every single day this week.

Serious prizes being offered by PTI for their sixth anniversary celebrations! I am a VERY slow crafter, but if I want to participate I have to get a move on it. I managed to come up with something for the February 5th challenge to be inspired by one of the Design Team's favorite projects. I chose one created by Ashley Cannon Newell:





 


It's the one in the first column, second card, "Congrats". I LOVE the colour scheme she used and how she stamped on bookprint paper. So here is my submission:




And because the prizes are SO good and I'm (as previously mentioned) such a SLOW crafter, I'm also entering this card in this week's PTI MIM challenge, a die-cut within a die cut (Mat Stack cut with Trendy Tree Tops). As a special bonus for everyone, Trendy Tree Tops actually has a die cut within it, so I think I should get extra points for that!

Supplies:
Stamps: PTI Rosie Posie, Think Big Favourites #3
Ink: PTI Smokey Shadow
Dies: Trendy Tree Tops, Mat Stack #3
PP: Old book print
Cardstock: PTI Spring Moss, Rustic White, True Black, Winter Wisteria


2 comments:

  1. Way cool way to use the mat stack die. So clever. I really like your take on Ashley's card. Tres chic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously awesome use of these dies! Such a clever idea. Love that you pulled inspiration from Ashley's card, but very much made it your own.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated. Thanks so much for your encouragement.