Saturday, 2 February 2013

First Blog Post Ever


My first blog post. Never in a million years did I ever think that I would start a blog, and truth be told this will mostly be a place to post photos of crafty projects.

I'm starting with this week's Papertrey Ink MIM challenge, stamped pillow boxes. Cannot believe how hard it was to photo this. The shadows created by that box are weird and very hard to avoid. No matter what I did, the box always looked misshapened.



Cardstock: PTI Kraft and vellum
Stamp: PTI Background Basics: Text Style II
Ink: Encore Silver Metallic
Dies: PTI Christmas Label, Notched Flowers, Pillow Box; Lil Inkers Small Bow
Impression Plate: PTI Mehndi Medallion

3 comments:

  1. So excited for you! And since I'm officially your first comment, let me say 'Welcome'!
    Your box is perfect, colors especially wowing. And that bow is perfection! As for photos, keep trying, you'll get there, I promise! !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, WELCOME to you, my friend!!! And what a LOVELY first project! So elegant looking! I've seen that bow around and it always catches my eye. Love it on this, and love the text stamping. I really don't think the box looks misshapen at all! But I know how you feel...I struggle with photos, too and have found a few inexpensive remedies in the last 1/2 year or so. If you would like to visit, my email is in my profile (I think). I would be more than happy to share what little I know! You've started your blog the same weekend I did a few years ago. Tomorrow is Super Bowl Sunday and it was on the same Sunday I typed out my first post...so happy for you, and hope you ENJOY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely pillow box! Love it! Congrats on starting your blog - you're way braver than me :)

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated. Thanks so much for your encouragement.