Monday, 24 June 2013

Papertrey June Blog Hop Challenge

This month's challenge is to add a touch of gold to a paper crafted project.

I am so sick right now with a streptococcuslollapalooza infection, with a very nasty summer cold thrown on top of it just to make things interesting. Thanks, Karina.

So to distract myself from my misery I've made three gold-touched projects. First up is a scrapbooking layout, with some gold sequins scattered about.




A super simple layout with just white cardstock, a bit of October Afternoon patterened paper, gold sequins, PTI double ended banner die, background and title die cut with my Silhouette.

Next up are two cards I had fun making with PTI Lovely Layers stamps and die cuts. I just got this stamp set recently and am finally using (and loving it). I did gold embossing with the leave's detail stamp but, as you can see in this card, the embossing powder I have is not really a shiny gold, it's very dull.








So, for my second card I decided to mix in some glitter embossing powder that I had on hand. The results were not perfect, but the best I could do with what I had on hand. (June 24th is a holiday in Québec and no stores were open so I couldn't go looking for anything better.)







So, for good measure I scattered some gold sequins on these two cards also. Complete sequin free-for-all madness! (I'm lucky I had some of these at home.)

Supplies for these two cards are all from PTI except for:

Thanks a million card: Fancy Pants patterned paper, Fresh Ink Sugar ink
Thanks for everything card: Fresh Ink Island ink, Lil Inkers Stitched Rectangles die







19 comments:

  1. And all three are fantastic!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun - three treats of gold! Hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful scrapbook page and cards with great touches of gold. Hope you feel better soon

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your scrapbooking layout-- it looks fabulous!
    I also love both of your cards! Lovely Layers is one of my very favourite sets!
    I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry you are so terribly sick! Hope your recovery is quick. You cards are beautiful...and that layout! Oh, my...let's just say that I LOVE everything about it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love, love your second card...you didn't need to get anything better, it's lovely. Hope you recover soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great page, and lovely cards! Feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your page and cards. I think of the gold you used on the leaves as matte, not dull. And, it looks fantastic. I hope you get better soon. And, I see that your previous post was one that received a FB shout out, so congrats for that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you start feeling better!

    All of your creations are beautiful! Your scrapbook layout is perfect in its simplicity and those Lovely Layers cards are just....well....lovely!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful creations. I really need to get these flowers and dies! Love the touches of gold!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love all your cards...the design are fabulous with those sequins =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. All your cards are great!! Loving that one on lime green, it's and eye catcher for me!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The cards are so beautiful; you made jaw-dropping lovely layers medallions!

    ReplyDelete
  14. All great submissions, but big fan of the second entry, the card with the dull gold. That medallion is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW!! Such AMAZING Creations!! I LOVE them all!! Your Layout is so NEAT I LOVE the FUN Design!! THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are gorgeous - love the layout and the cards are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What beautiful cards and page! I love the colors and details! So very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated. Thanks so much for your encouragement.