Wednesday, 25 September 2013

Papertrey September 2013 Blog Hop

The challenge this month for PTI's blog hop is to create a wreath on the front of a card.


I played around with the idea for a while and realized that I don't have much in the way of wreaths in my stash. So I went for clean and simple, using Framed Out #9 (from Papertrey), both the stamps and dies. I embossed the white wreath that I had die cut with white embossing powder and then inked over it with Spring Moss, using my Tim Holtz sponge tool. I like this design and cut out a few more mats and wreaths to do other colour combos for the upcoming holidays. I also think it would make a cute gift tag.





Supplies:

Cardstock:  PTI Stamper's Select White, Vintage Cream (for the bow)
Stamps: PTI Framed Out #9, Bells & Boughs
Dies: PTI Framed Out #9, Bells & Boughs; Spellbinders circle die
Ink: PTI Spring Moss, Pure Poppy
Tools: Tim Holtz sponge applicator; Zing embossing powder

10 comments:

  1. An absolutely gorgeous CAS card. This is the epitome of "less is more".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Magnificent CAS card, Diana. Love how simple but elegant it is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diana this is so beautiful and very elegant! Love this one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The elegant wreath shines in this simple design.
    I thought you had used gold embossing powder. I was surprised when I read that you had sponged spring moss over white.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated. Thanks so much for your encouragement.