Saturday, 21 September 2013

Second Take on Papertrey MIM #132

Back with the second card that I did for Make It Monday. I realize that it too is almost identical to Dawn's card, but that's because I loved hers so much that I wanted to actually own a couple that resembled hers! So there. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. This time I used Papertrey's Chevron border die for my cuts:



I've learned with this card just how hard it is to photograph Smokey Shadow cardstock; it always looks black in natural daylight. But I really like this in real life. I used foam tape on every second die cut to add some dimension to the layers.

Supplies:

Cardstock: PTI Vintage Cream, Smokey Shadow
Ink: Versafine Smokey Grey
Stamp: PTI Mini Blooms
Patterned Papers: 7 Gypsies (again! loved their old Lille collection and I'm still hoarding it)
Tools: PTI Chevron Stripes Border Die Collection, 3M foam tape adhesive
Miscellaneous: Webster's Pages resin embellishment

4 comments:

  1. I love both yours cards! The bold elements at the top really balance off the layered die cuts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great card - love the patterned papers you used. Smoky Shadow frustrates me too - always photographs as darker - but it is still one of my favorites for card bases.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love both your cards for MIM, but this one steals the show! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated. Thanks so much for your encouragement.