Friday, 25 October 2013

Papertrey Ink Blog Hop - October 2013

This month's theme is Tag It!, creating sets of at least five gift tags.

Every year I make my own Christmas gift tags so this challenge was very timely for me. Last year they were shaker tags, about 50 of them (!), whatever was I thinking! I always try to coordinate them to the wrapping paper I've chosen for the year and my wrapping paper is hardly ever traditional. Even though I have four little grandsons, I refuse to use super hero wrapping papers! I figure that I'm old enough to have pretty in my house at Christmas, and they know that the gifts are coming from Nana and Grandpapa, not Santa. Every year I threaten to put up a pink tree, that's how tired I am of Ninja Turtles and Wolverine and Spider Man! Anyway, my wrapping paper of choice is usually solid coloured. And this year's scheme is:




Aqua Mist, Soft Stone/Rustic White and Lavender. Since I was participating in this challenge, I decided to pretty much complete my tags for the year since we are going on vacation for one month before Christmas. So here are my sets of tags:


It's difficult to see, but the PTI  double ended banners have been fancied up with glitter. I just bought PTI's Peaceful Pinecones last month and absolutely love this set! It will be a Christmas classic for me.


This is the simplest set of tags, just a sentiment from PTI Instant Photo: Holidays, stamped in Encore Silver Metallic ink, but it's actually my favourite set. Love that stamp!


My set of pretty snowflake ornaments, featuring Tag Sale #4 and Fancy Flakes, with the Lil Inkers stitched bows (flattened out, because I like how this looks).
 

The icon series. All PTI except for the gingerbread man and Noël cuts (from my Silhouette).



Little folded gift tags, using a Silhouette cut.


Snowflakes again. Hard to see but there are actually two snowflakes on each tag. Both are cut from vellum, Fancy Flakes and Snowflake Medley (which has also been stamped with its coordinating image in Versamark and embossed with white Zing!.




I decided later in the week to add some wine bottle tags (just in case, nice to have on hand when you're invited out to dinner during the holidays). These were done shaker tag style, using a Lil Inkers Stitched circles die and Tim Holtz Rock Candy Distress Glitter. The stamped tree and star are from PTI Winter Hills and the sentiment is from PTI Bells and Boughs. (The star and sentiment were stamped in PTI Pure Poppy even though it doesn't look like that in this photo. I had some very challenging lighting situations this week!)

I had lots of fun doing this challenge and one of the best things is that I now have a little stockpile of tags ready to go. Just have to get started on all that Christmas shopping - not one thing bought yet!

Supplies:

All PTI except as noted in descriptions above. In addition, the lavender coloured cardstock is from American Crafts (since it went the best with my wrapping paper).

40 comments:

  1. Wow! I'm rendered speechless (typeless?) over how gorgeous these are. So professional and your color scheme is sheer heaven. What a beautiful bunch of tags. Your recipients are lucky indeed.

    I'm mom to three boys and we've never done the superhero wrapping paper thing. I think as the lone lady in the house I deserve a pretty Christmas too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tags are fabulous! And the colors - so warm and soothing. These are all so pretty, I'm not sure I could pick a favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are absolutely gorgeous! Love the soft colours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are all great, I especially like the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my - these are gorgeous!! Love the nontradional colors and CAS perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness...these are all pure perfection! I absolutely love your color combinations and every tag is a work of art! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have to say it too. Oh! my goodness! these are gorgeous. I love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow ! How many tags did you make ?! It so beautiful !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow!!!! What amazing tags and colors! So beautiful! I pinned them all! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great pastel connection to all the tags. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Excuse me, Diana, but could you come to my house and make my tags for me? These are SO professional looking, so impeccable, so beautifully designed and I ADORE your nontraditional holiday color scheme!! You seriously should be doing a Monday tutorial on tags for Papertrey Ink, if not be on the DT itself! (Nichole, c'mon, this lady is awe-mazing!!) Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazing array go tags! They are all so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! Your tags are gorgeous! That's really all I can say, if I saw them in a store I would totally want them all!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! All I can say is WOW! Wow. You were very busy. I loved all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are so sophisticated and beautiful and amazing!! My favourite set is the square NOEL one. So impressed by your output and these beauties!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow , I feel like I stepped into a very elegant paper store! These are just the most elegant tags I have seen. Beautiful work and I am in awwww.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Where to start?? I have to agree with Marybeth, seeing all of your stunning tags really gives you the feeling you are in a fancy Paris paper store. You truly have an incredible talent and your tags are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  18. OMG~OMG~OMG!! I'm LOVING your AWESOME Tags!! Such AWESOME Designs and you have been SUPER Busy!! =) Such a GREAT take on the Challenge!! THANKS for sharing and have a Fabulous Week!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  19. WOW, Diana! Your Blog is a virtual Holiday Tag shop! I love each and every one of these beautiful creations

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am in awe of your beautiful tags! They remind me of a Sweedish Christmas! I don't want to leave your blog...too pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh wow,these are so beautiful. Absolutely love the soft colors!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh, my! You sure do have a stockpile of soft, delicate tags! They are ALL absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I just your color scheme and your adherence to it! And the LID bows do look cute flattened out -- that's only ever happened on accident here, but I might have to try it now.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Can I just say all of these pastels are GORGEOUS! I am in love with the shaker tags and you used the little tree from Winter Hills. So sweeeeet!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh. The gorgeous coloring of these and all so stunning! Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I am completely in awe! Your tags are just wonderful & I love your color scheme!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I could not believe how much work you put into these gift tags! You choice of colors and attention to detail left me speechless! AND you photography skills are so far above mine - do you have any tips are how you obtained such great shots?!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow you are set for the holidays! Gorgeous tags, all of them and each so intricately designed. Love your colour scheme too. Pinning.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I am blown away, all of these tags are just gorgeous, what a great color theme for Christmas! What a great idea to match your tags to the wrapping paper you have on hand, I need to try that. And I say give in, put up a pink tree!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Umm, wow?!?

    If this is what things look like under your tree, I'm dying to see what the rest of your house looks like at Christmas time! Love that you use solid paper. And of course, the tags are all stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Diana, I've fallen off my chair in AWE of your work! Wow!!! I love the colours you've chosen this year. I love each and every tag you've created. And the wine tags. Did I say WOW already?

    ReplyDelete
  32. Wow...Diana! Your tags are all beautiful!!! The colors are AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Wow! Wow! Wow! All of your tags are simply amazing! You totally rocked the challenge and inspired me to make more!

    ReplyDelete
  34. I an loving the wintertime feel your tags offer & that they are not the traditional red & green...wonderful job Diana!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Just gorgeous. I'd love to see all the presents round the tree with this color scheme. Love the icon series.

    ReplyDelete
  36. This collection of tags made my jaw drop. Love your choice of soft colors and white. Breathtaking!

    ReplyDelete
  37. These are all just gorgeous. What a smart idea to have everything color coordinated, and you really picked a wonderful color pallet.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Diana I am so glad you shared your original post ... what a fabulous crafter you are! Thanks for sticking to your colors!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  39. diana, these are amazing! i was so hoping that little 'boxed noel' was a thin metal die and this post was going to tell me where i might find it ;) anyway, glad you brought it to my attention through stamp a faire!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated. Thanks so much for your encouragement.