Saturday, 25 January 2014

January 2013 PTI Blog Hop

This month's challenge is a beauty - Pretty in Pink!


Could one ask for better inspiration than this mood board? I don't think so! I've made a few cards for the occasion using glitter and lace and glitter and flowers and, of course, pink. All supplies are PTI unless otherwise noted.


This card features Sweet Blush with Vintage Cream cardstock (love this combo). Card front was cut with Heart Prints and Limitless Layers: Heart Stitches dies. Then I printed out a sentiment on a MFT Sentiment Strip and added a few glittered hearts.


Sticking with the Valentine theme, this simple card combines a pink October Afternoon patterned paper frame (die cut with Heart Squared) and Soft Stone and Stamper's Select White cardstocks. Sentiments, from Live Love Life  and Wonderful Words: Love, were stamped in Dark Chocolate. A little Heart Prints cut, glittered with Martha Stewart White Gold (the most shiny stuff out there!), and a tiny piece of Parisian Lace Doily in the frame, dress things up.


This card uses a Kelly Purkey triangles die and Prima embellies that have been sitting in my stash for ages. The patterned paper used is also from Prima. A PTI Wonderful Words die cut from American Crafts Silver POW glitter paper (love this stuff; hoarding it like crazy) provides the sentiment. White Stamper's Select and Hibiscus Burst cardstocks.


Don't know why I'm including this one because it simply cannot be photographed and it looks awful here (BEIGE, said with scorn as in "mothers of the groom should always wear beige")! But in real life it's very sweet. The card front was cut with my Silhouette out of the very palest pink cardstock from Bazzill. The card base is Vintage Cream. The balloons, from Birthday Style, have been glittered with white Doodlebug and a piece of Doodle twine adds that je ne sais quoi. I also added random strips of Scor Tape on the background and glittered those up.



My last card features Lovely Layers in Sweet Blush, Hibiscus Burst, Berry Sorbet and Raspberry Fizz (cardstocks and inks). The patterned paper is from My Mind's Eye and the white background frame was cut from Stamper's Select White with a Simon Says Stamp chevron pattern die. The sentiment from TBF #6 was embossed on vellum with Zing powder in Blush.

Pink, glorious pink. Sigh. Thanks for visiting!

18 comments:

  1. Lots of gorgeous cards here. Wanted to say which one I liked best, can't do it because they are all great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do I pic a favorite?! Each card is so unique and so fantastic! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diana you certainly have captured the romance of this challenge. Love all the dies you used and all those yummy shades of pink :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are all so pretty! My favorite is the second one, with the polka dotted frame and doily.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What great cards! I just love the little frame and doily in the the second one! And the stitched heart die is so effective the way you used it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, these are all so lovely! Wonderful job with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Diana! Your work are all Fantastic! Love all the colors you used...so very Pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well right now Miss Diana, the last card is my favorite in the group. The WHOLE Pink Challenge blog group. all the cards are just lovely, and your work with 'pink' has won the day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh! what a fabulous post! I love all of your wonderful designs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, you are on a roll! These cards are fabulous. Each beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete
  11. All of your cards are so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous cards - I think the second one is my favorite - so sweet and simple!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my, Diana, each one of your cards is lovely and has a special detail unique to it. On my computer screen, my favorite card is the happy card with the triangles background. I think that in real life, the bonne fete card with the balloons would probably top my list.

    You might want to go back to Nichole's site after she draws a winner and correct your link. It goes to your blog rather than this actual post. I know that people go back at later dates and click on links and you'll want them to be able to find your cards, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, what beautiful cards. If I was forced to pick a favorite, it would have to be the first one. I love the placement of each and every heart.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my goodness! You are amazing! With each card I kept thinking, "this is my favorite". Then I would see another and it would become my favorite. You really did an outstanding job with this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are all amazing, but that first heart card steals my heart!!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated. Thanks so much for your encouragement.