Thursday, 30 January 2014

Papertrey Ink Make It Monday #150: Window Screen Cards

Melissa Phillips is hosting this week's video so you know it's pretty! The challenge is to create a project using this window screen technique. And so I did.

I don't have many Cover Plates but I do own a Silhouette. However, after much playing and fussing around I ended up using my PTI Quatrefoil die for my screen. A very simple, almost severe, card but I kind of like it. It's pretty! Mind you, I find anything made with PTI Stamper's Select White cardstock gorgeous. It just feels so luxurious and substantial and worthy.





I cut a Lil Inkers Stitched Circle from my card front, stamped PTI Rosie Posie Step 2 (this idea is straight from Melissa - I would never have thought to use Step 2 on its own!) around it in Fresh Ink Blue Sage. Added a Webster's Pages button and resin heart and then a My Mind's Eye brad. My computer-generated sentiment (Clipper Script font, thanks so much to Kristii for the heads up on this one) was printed out on PTI Vellum and die cut with a Simons Says Stamp folded banner.

Easy, peasy, and I'll definitely try this technique again.


4 comments:

  1. Very pretty and LOVE the buttons/brads you added! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is so elegant and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card. The posies stamped around the frame is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cards are all stunning, Diana! Wow! This is really fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated. Thanks so much for your encouragement.