Friday, 7 February 2014

Papertrey Ink 7th Anniversary Day 3

Whew! A time challenge - this one stressed me to my limits. I have a little Léo running around here today (a very unexpected visit) but I was still determined to participate. After a lot of yelling and shushing, I managed to successfully complete a card. I am so glad that he's leaving shortly after lunch!

The Challenge: 7 supplies (7 minutes to gather them); 17 minutes or less to make your project. I did it. I really can't believe it because I'm one of the slowest card makers on earth.

Now before you say something, I already know. I'm a cheater, cheater, pants on fire. I used a card front that I had previously embossed with embossing paste! I know! Cheating! Except it was in my supplies; I keep a little basket of card fronts that I've cut or made and ended up not using. In the interest of fairness, I did cut a new card front and emboss it with a Cuttlebug folder within my time limit. Because if I had not had the pre-made panel, that is what I would have done.


This is a photo of the alternate Cuttlebug embossed card front that I made (just to prove that I did it!):


And here are my stopwatch shots. First up, supply gathering (being a well organized person pays off):


And card making stopwatch:


Fun challenge, but I would NOT like to do this every day. Much too stressful, LOL.

My 7 supplies:

(1) PTI Stamper's Select White cardstock
(2) Pre-made card front or, alternately, Cuttlebug embossing folder
(3) PTI Bells and Boughs stamps
(4) PTI Bells and Boughs dies
(5) PTI Double-Ended Banners die
(6) PTI Ripe Avocado ink
(7) PTI Dark Chocolate ink



7 comments:

  1. beautiful card! so simple and classy! love the layout too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simple and classic... I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clean and simple and quite elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! And you've encouraged me to actually OPEN my jars of embossing paste ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! I love all that white with the spot of color!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this with the pretty pinecone bough!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! And I don't think you cheated at all. I'm glad you went with the embossing paste one.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated. Thanks so much for your encouragement.