Saturday, 1 March 2014

Papertrey Ink Make It Monday #153: Watercolored Backgrounds with Heat Embossed Sentiments

I did not enjoy this challenge in the least. You would not believe how many card fronts were thrown out in the process of coming up with this card. 1) I don't really like watercolouring. 2) I could tolerate watercolouring if I had to, but not in combination with an embosssed sentiment! Nothing at all would work for me. But I was so determined that I was not going to be defeated that I just went right on trying until I produced something that I at least was willing to post.


In the end I kind of took the easy way out. I did a watercoloured background using ink and a stamp - inked up my stamp (PTI Background Basic: Herringbone) and then misted it with water. Stamped it this way several times to achieve a messy look. Then I die cut one of the flowers from Doodlie-Do, stamped it and coloured it with Copics. My sentiment is from Mini Blooms, stamped with Versamark and heat embossed with Zing Metallic Gold powder. The word "You" was diecut out of some gold glittered cardstock with one of PTI's Wonderful Word dies.

I am quite enjoying Doodlie-Do though. I just got it with my February release order and this is the first thing I've done with it. I didn't even mean to use this piece, I was just practicing, but it was lying on my counter and it kind of went with the background and I was pretty much fed up with this technique so I slapped it on the card! Done.

1 comment:

  1. I think your card turned out great! I especially like your herringbone background - will have to try the ink/mist stamping technique myself. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated. Thanks so much for your encouragement.