Tuesday, 4 March 2014

Papertrey Ink Make It Monday #154: Colour and Texture Tips for One Layer Cards

I was really in the mood for some cardmaking yesterday and came up with a couple for this challenge. I usually always pop up something on a card, so this was different for me and I had to use the old noggin to come up with some ideas. (Note: Erin used a card front adhered to a card base, so this is what I am using as the definition of a one-layer card. I am way too OCD!)

I always think that dry embossing makes such a nice impact so I made two cards using this technique. The first one features the new Keep It Simple: Birthday sentiments stamp set and that's what this card is - very simple! One layer (actually only part of a layer - I think this makes the card look popped up somehow), partial embossing, a sentiment, and a couple of score lines.


PTI Aqua Mist cardstock, Keep it Simple: Birthday stamp, True Black ink; Lifestyle Crafts embossing folder.

3 comments:

  1. Looks like it woud accompany a little gift from Tiffany's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very elegant. I can imagine this style for a wedding card. Pretty

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated. Thanks so much for your encouragement.