Thursday, 20 March 2014

Papertrey Ink Make It Monday #156: 3D Stamp Paint Techniques

Melissa Phillips showed us some interesting ways to add paint to our projects in this week's video. Her card, of course, was gorgeous and she inspired me to give it a try.

I started with a Tim Holtz embossing folder (Brick Wall) and painted it with gesso. I then added my cardstock (a pale grey My Mind's Eye solid patterned paper) and embossed. It was an interesting effect, making the already-weathered brick wall look even more aged. I added some vellum triangles and a Rustic Wreath die cut to the background for interest, and then popped up my Doodlie-Do focal point.


Supplies:

Cardstock: PTI Stamper's Select White; My Mind's Eye
Stamps: PTI Doodlie-Do, Live Love Life
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Dies: PTI Doodlie-Do, Rustic Wreath; SSS Kelly Purkey Triangles; MFT Fishtail Flags Stax
Other: Copics

10 comments:

  1. Love this! Your background has some awesome texture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunning- I love that background against the vibrant Doodlie-do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome card, Diana! Love all the texture. Congrats on the shout out on PTI's Facebook page!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, great textured background and beautiful floral image. Congrats on the much deserved shout out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card!!! I just made an order of PTI Doodlie-Do stamp set after seeing your card! May

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is so pretty, it's so CLEAN! I love the whole enchilada!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this is stunning! Lots of layering and still a fresh crisp clean look!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is spectacular. The subtle background is a wonderful counterpoint to the vibrant flower. Those vellum triangles are the perfect addition.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just saw this on FB. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have all the ingredients to your fabulous card - thanks for the inspiration! the background sets off the flower so nicely.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated. Thanks so much for your encouragement.