Thursday, 20 March 2014

Papertrey Ink Make It Monday #156: 3D Stamp Paint Techniques (Second Posting)

I made a second card for this week's Make It Monday. This time I decided to use some embossing paste that I coloured with acrylic paint.

It's kind of a naughty card. I have two grandsons who will be starting kindergarten ("maternelle" in French) this Fall. When my oldest grandson was in kindergarten, some of the second graders at his school called the little ones in kindergarten "les maternouilles" ("nouilles" is noodles in French). This annoyed him very much but all of us adults (including two teachers - his mother and aunt) thought this was very funny and just told him to ignore it. I can't wait to give this card to his brother and cousin in August and start calling them the maternouilles! I know, I'm a terrible nana. But the only reason the two of them actually want to go to school is to ride the bus. Not to learn anything or get an education. It's all about the school bus. So, actually, they really are kind of maternouillish!

REVISED APRIL 10, 2014: I recently looked at this card again and decided to change it up a bit, adding a chipboard pencil (from October Afternoon) that I had in my stash. Is it more fun now?

NEW CARD


OLD CARD


Supplies:

Cardstock: PTI Harvest Gold, Spring Rain, Rustic White; miscellaneous Bazzill scraps for the Silhouette cut file school bus
Patterned Paper: October Afternoon, Scenic Route (yes, I've been hoarding my old Scenic Route lined paper!)
Dies: PTI Mat Stack #3
Other: Liquitex Light Modeling Paste; Golden acrylic paint; Silhouette America cut files (bus and polka dot stencil)

3 comments:

  1. Ha! We grandmas love to tease. He'll love his adorable card. Your 3-D is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable card! I love your little story about the children - so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw your card in the MIM A la Carte summary this week. Love your card, love the story! So fun to tease and support the grandchildren at this age! Thanks for sharing your art and a small part of your life.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated. Thanks so much for your encouragement.