Friday, 28 March 2014

Papertrey Ink Make It Monday #157: DIY Cover Plates (Second Post)

I'm back with another card for this week's Make it Monday over at PTI. It's not very much different from my first project, except that I really stepped it up! Heehee, not true, just six extra cuts. I didn't want all my pre-planning effort to go to waste on just one card.

Thanks to PTI, I'm happy to report that I learned something new this week. I am no pro at Adobe Illustrator, but I didn't want to keep measuring my cover plate template out by hand, so I let my husband show me how to do it in Illustrator! Now, if you knew us you would realize that this is a major accomplishment! I absolutely hate letting him show me how to do things on the computer because he's hanging all over me, telling me that he's never seen anyone so slow, yelling sometimes. And this from someone who used to teach at our local Apple store when he first retired, and was liked by all the customers for being so patient! Computers are the ONLY thing that we have ever fought about in all our years together. But anyway, I now know how to make printable custom graphs in Illustrator, something I've wanted to learn for a long time.


Supplies:

Cardstock: PTI Select Stamper's White, Aqua Mist, Spring Moss
Stamps: PTI Lovely Layers, Round Repeats
Ink: PTI Berry Sorbet, Pure Poppy, Spring Moss
Dies: PTI Lovely Layers, Wonderful Words: Hello

5 comments:

  1. WOW - gorgeous - I love the idea of using flower dies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! And way to go on the techie aspect! I haven't a clue...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Diana. You asked about an embossing folder I used for this challenge--it's by Lifestyle Crafts, but I don't know the name...

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated. Thanks so much for your encouragement.