Friday, 11 April 2014

Make It Monday #159 at Papertrey Ink: No-Sew Quilted Cards (Third Post!!!)

Almost embarrassed, but I did have fun playing with the quilted look. In real life I can't sew, at all, so it was kind of satisfying to do this. Also, I threw all thoughts of clean and simple out of the window and just let it go. (And then I woke up this morning to PTI's reveal of the Modern Cross Quilt stamp and cover plate and had my mind blown by the clean simplicity of both Lexi and Maile's projects.)

I started out trying to make a pinwheel pattern using some stitched circle dies that I have. Unfortunately, I couldn't really make a regular size card using them, so instead I've done a small folded gift tag type card, which I happen to like having on hand. Small card, big bow. No sentiment.



Then I decided to do a second pinwheel patterned card, this time A2 sized, again using bows as accents. Bigger card, smaller bows.



Can I just give a big shout out to Silhouette America for making projects like this so much easier. I cut all of the "pie slices" on these two cards using my Cameo and it made the project doable. I could never have done this by hand!

PTI Supplies:

Soft Stone and Sweet Blush cardstocks
Sweet Blush patterned paper

5 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful! I don't know which is more adorable- the bows or the pinwheels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky you to have a Silhouette! This turned out beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow wow! nope this one is my fav! : ) I'm partial to the bows but this design is outstanding with either embellishment!!

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  4. How clever are these!!! Love the added bow (s).

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very lovely. The bows add a lot but your background is fab.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated. Thanks so much for your encouragement.