Sunday, 6 April 2014

Papertrey Ink Make It Monday #158: Stamping With Watercolor Mediums

I wasn't going to participate this week since watercolouring techniques are my least favourite. My husband paints and I have access to oil paints, pastels, good watercolours, acrylics, etc., but I just don't enjoy using them at all. After I watched Heather's video on Monday, I did a rehearsal/trial run with Léo (who was spending the day with me). We used old (i.e., non-PTI stamps) and he loved it, but me, not so much.


But this afternoon I had some time to kill before we go over to friends for the evening, so I thought I would try again. I have never made a card so quickly in my life, it came together in about five minutes, and I used Léo's paintbox, filthy pans and all!


 Supplies:

Cardstock: PTI Stamper's Select White
Stamps: Rosie Posie, Autumn Pattern Pieces, Global Greetings: French
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Other: Prima pearls, cheap watercolours

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful watercolor effect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how the rose and the Argyll pattern came out with water colours! Glad you gave it a whirl ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, this is simply gorgeous, Diana! I love how beautifully you used the watercoloring technique. AND, those colors are simply beautiful! Well done!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated. Thanks so much for your encouragement.