Thursday, 10 April 2014

Papertrey Ink Make It Monday #159: No-Sew Quilted Cards

I'm joining in on this week's Make It Monday challenge over at Papertrey Ink. Dawn McVey demonstrates how to add a quilted look to your cards using patterned papers (laid out in patchwork style) and embossing folders/cover plates.


I decided to do a baby card and had lots of fun making it. I just might have made one more (or two!!) but I'm having so much trouble with my photos tonight. Is it just me or does Blogger change your photos also? I get my pic looking pretty okay in Photoshop, import it into Blogger and it's completely changed! What's up with that??!!

PTI Supplies:

Rustic White, Aqua Mist, PTI Kraft and Pure Poppy cardstocks
Button Stacks dies
Tiny Tags dies

9 comments:

  1. ADORABLE!!! Seriously, I thought of lining up a row of Button Stack's as well, but I was too lazy to cut them out.
    I was also too short on time to make mine any more complicated than Dawn did! You went the extra mile!!!
    Actually I have made about 125 Bunny Bags so I have been doing other things!
    Thanks for sharing
    LOVE the card!!!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally gorgeous! Love your design.- Irma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your pinwheels!! And yes, I think my photos look better before I link them into a challenge, too...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where do I start? I love your pinwheel pattern, the row of button stacks, the tiny tags, the colors- everything! This is just delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Kay, everything about your card is perfect for this challenge. I love that you didn't use traditional pastel colors for your baby card. I must learn to think outside of the box more often!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute, cute card! I think Dawn has gotten quite a few of us addicted to this style of card, as I have made more than one too! :0) Really love the pattern and colors you chose too...great card! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. fab card - love the line of buttons

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your picture is clear and vibrant but I totally agree with you on the subject. My husband is a really smart guy LOL so as soon as he has time he is going to look into this for me. I will make a note of your blog name and share the wealth when I find out what is up : )

    Love your card and the buttons!! perfect!

    Patti

    Blog Candy at my blog. All you need do to have a chance to win is make a comment on my latest post ; ) I hope you will stop by to say hi.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful colors and patterns on these quilt cards, wow! I need to catch up with all of your new designs. I wanted to thank you for always being so sweet! xo
    Danielle

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated. Thanks so much for your encouragement.