Tuesday, 29 April 2014

Papertrey Ink Make It Monday #162: Paper Scrap Pie Charts

Melissa Phillips is up this week for Make It Monday over at Nichole Heady's blog for Papertrey Ink here. She's showing us a way to use up some of our paper scraps in our cardmaking. Of course her card was gorgeous, that's just the way she operates.

This is what I made:


We are not having a very nice April - lots of cloud and rain and it's been very trying to get indoor photos lately, but it is what it is and that's my pic.

I'm challenging myself to make cards other than pink ones. I've noticed that for a while now all my cards have been overly feminine. So for this project, I limited myself to blues and only scraps of paper, no paper that had not already been cut into allowed! This was harder than you might think. Yes, I do have scraps but not piles of them because I try to clean out my supplies semi-regularly. Also, to keep my card easy to make, I limited myself to one paper company, October Afternoon, a longtime favourite of mine. That way I didn't have to deal with different white tones with different companies because October Afternoon consistently uses the same cream base.

And in honour of using up scraps, I used a brad from The Girls' Paperie - remember them?

Supplies:

Cardstock: PTI Rustic White, Aqua Mist
Patterned Paper: PTI Aqua Mist ; October Afternoon
Stamp: PTI Global Greetings French
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black
Dies: PTI Hello Sunshine; Spellbinders Rectangles

14 comments:

  1. like the papers and colors you have used

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really great card, Diana! Love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful blues, and lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card! I love how you've used the journal dies, and the brad is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty card. I find myself using a lot of purples, so I do understand the pink thing! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Diana, I LOVE this card! Blues are my favorite. :) At least in real life....but I too struggle with making way more feminine cards. I really love how this card turned out, and it looks great in the photo...though I can certainly relate/commiserate with trying to take photos in rainy weather.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautifully done! I need to watch the video & get going on a card. You've sparked my interest!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is seriously gorgeous- I love all those beautiful blues!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful job! Love the aqua mist with the October Afternoon dp.

    ReplyDelete
  10. love all those soft blues together. So easy and pleasant to look at!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful pie chart!! I love your card design as well. : )

    Patti

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated. Thanks so much for your encouragement.