Thursday, 8 May 2014

Papertrey Ink Make It Monday #163: Envelope Wraps (Second Post)

I managed to do a second project for this weeks's MIM challenge over at Nichole Heady's blog, (here). Danielle Flanders did a great video, with beautiful envelopes and wraps, and really inspired me to try and make a pretty envelope. While I was at it, I also tried to make a pretty card. Warning: you may need your sunglasses for the rest of this post! (I was feeling in the mood for bright, springtime colours.)

 

Told you! I know that it's really BRIGHT!!! and flashy, but I kinda like it anyway. I used the PTI Diagonal Stripes Cover Plate to make my BRIGHT!!! Aqua Mist and Harvest Gold striped paper.


This is the actual envelope wrap. I used the PTI Heart Squared stamp set to create a box for an address/address label to be added. I'm very rigid about things like that. Sometimes I wish I wasn't, but there you are.
 

Here is the BRIGHT!!! card. You can stop laughing right about now.

And the finished card and envelope together. I didn't really stick the wrap completely around the envelope because I haven't decided yet who the lucky person to get this card will be.

Supplies:

Cardstock: PTI Stamper's Select White, Aqua Mist, Harvest Gold
Stamps: PTI The Sweet Life, Embellished Elegance, Heart Squared, Bold Bouquet Anniversary
Inks: PTI Aqua Mist, Harvest Gold, Lemon Tart, Summer Sunrise, Sweet Blush, Hibiscus Burst, Autumn Rose, New Leaf, Ripe Avocado; Versafine Onyx Black; Hero Arts Orange Soda; Fresh Inks Sugar, Pink Lemonade, Strawberry
Dies: PTI The Sweet Life, Embellished Elegance, Initial Thoughts, Diagonal Stripes Cover Plate; My Favorite Things Fishtail Flags Stax
Patterned Paper: PTI Distressed Dots (envelope)
WRMK Envelope Maker


10 comments:

  1. Absolutely BEAUTIFUL! Love your envelope wraps!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, absolutely stunning card and wrap!! I love the stripes under the cardstock piece!
    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO pretty! I love your bright and cheery colors...they were pretty similar to the colors I used too - great minds think alike! :0) I really like how you used the Heart Squared too...I need to think outside the box more and not put certain stamps with just a certain holiday and color! Thank you for the inspiration!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Diana, your card and wrap is absolutely gorgeous! Way to rock this week's challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really gorgeous!! I love the colors and that card is fabulous. I may have to CASE it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is absolutely stunning! I wish I could declare you the winner! I have to look at it again.sooo beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely gorgeous! Love your bright and sunny colors and everything is just perfect about your card and envelope!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow this set is so gorgeous! I never think to stamp these roses in different colours but it looks amazing!

    Beth xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card! I do NOT have that 2-step thing down at all and you do it with such flair. Love, love your roses, girl.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had to come back again and tell you how much I love this post! It's SO pretty! ;)

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated. Thanks so much for your encouragement.