Wednesday, 28 May 2014

Papertrey Ink Make It Monday #166: Debossing Stamped Images

Love, love, love this challenge! It's being hosted by Dawn McVey, (here). I had never tried this technique before but now I want to do it on everything!

Since I didn't make a card for this month's Blog Hop (I chose to make a mini album), I decided on an aqua and melon colour combo. Plus I was in the mood for some colouring yesterday so I chose Doodlie-do and came up with this ...


A big thank you to Suze for cluing me in on how to get a good deboss, proving once again that I'm always learning something new from the stamping community.

Supplies:

Cardstock: PTI Stamper's Select White, Melon Berry, Smokey Shadow
Stamps: PTI Doodlie-do, Keep It Simple: Anniversary
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Dies: PTI Doodlie-Do, Wonderful Words: Birthday
Other: Copics

9 comments:

  1. I am impressed with your coloring skills. It's not a technique I am comfy with. Anyway, lovely card. It's so cheery!

    That crafty sis of mine always has good ideas! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, you are most indeed welcome! Happy to help a fellow stamper :)
    You know if we crafted together, we would make a great team. I could emboss and you could color! Actually you are not the one that needs help. Your embossing is perfect just like your coloring skills. Mine, not so much!!!
    Thanks for sharing
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO pretty! Love those amazing colors! Think that I might NEED that Doodlie Doo set!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! Love the Doodlie-Do flowers used for this technique!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are fabulous colors together. Love the pop of yellow. Know what you mean about this technique, it gets under your skin!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Once I learned about debossing I couldn't stop either. So much fun and this is beautiful! Love your coloring and one day I will buy that set.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this card! Your choice of color is great. This card makes me feel good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh, I love this! I'm a huge fan of Doodlie-do, and they look SPECTACULAR with this technique!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm with you I want to deboss everything! now that I've seen all these wonderful cards - I need to shop heehee

    Patti

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated. Thanks so much for your encouragement.