Thursday, 29 May 2014

Papertrey Ink Make It Monday #166: Debossing Stamped Images (Third Post)

Somebody stop me! It's like eating popcorn, that's how addictive this technique is. And for some reason, Christmas and debossing are connected in my brain! I think so many stamp sets would produce incredible Christmas cards using this technique, but a bit too work intensive for mass production.

News flash: for those who didn't already know, I wish to inform you that snowflakes are déja vu. This according to my DH. I showed him a rough layout using Snowflake Medley for this technique and he said that snowflakes have been "done" and are déja vu. Huh? So I switched to my Snowflake Flurries set to give my card more of a modern spin, but I guess in his eyes this card is vintage/retro! The things that come out of the mouths of men!

Love that this card is so simple, but still special enough because of the debossing.


Supplies:

Cardstock: PTI Stamper's Select White, Ripe Avocado
Stamps: PTI Snowflake Flurries
Dies: PTI Snowflake Flurries
Ink: PTI Dark Chocolate
Other: sequins

5 comments:

  1. The card is awesome! I still would like to see it with Snowflake Medley. You are right there with me on the debossed obsession train!
    Still cannot understand what your husband meant.. but, you hit the nail on the head when you said out of the mouths of men ;)
    Go figure...
    So, go ahead an make the Snowflake Medley. You HAVE to keep up with me!
    Thanks for sharing
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card, girl!

    You gals are on some train! I agree with Suze, do Snowflake Medley! No matter what DH says. While I don't like snow, I love snowflakes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is perfect!! I am over the top excited about embossing snowflakes now that I see your card. the color combo you used is breath taking!

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks so cool! Love your color choice too.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated. Thanks so much for your encouragement.