Sunday, 25 May 2014

Papertrey Ink May 2014 Blog Hop: Aqua and Melon

For this month's Blog Hop over at Papertrey, (here), Nichole Heady inspired us with this mood board:

Isn't it absolutely gorgeous?!! Since I haven't done one in about a year and a half, I decided to make a mini album. Once in a while, I like to scrap random photos that I've taken and put them all together; this time I decided to collect photos of all the things I'm really liking this spring. I made the big mistake of not deciding ahead of time how I would make it into an actual book; I had several different ideas floating around my brain but didn't want to commit. When everything was finished, I thought I would use a book ring but then I didn't have the nerve to cut into my layouts! So, instead, I used a Silhouette cut file to make a little magazine file box. I really like how it turned out!


And here is my little album, in detail. This post is super photo intensive, so just skip over the parts you're not interested in!





















I just got PTI's Harlequin Cover Plate die and I love how it makes my cover look like a Chanel purse! This was a super fun project to put together; except for taking these photos! In real life everything looks so much prettier - even these photos look pretty in Photoshop - am so annoyed by what Blogger does to my pics!

PTI Supplies:

Cardstock: Stamper's Select White, Stamper's Select Vellum, Aqua Mist, Melon Berry
Stamps: Bold Bouquet, Rosie Posie
Inks: Aqua Mist, Melon Berry, Limeade Ice
Dies: Harlequin Cover Plate, Bold Bouquet, Rosie Posie, Heart Prints, Signature Series: Butterfly, Beautiful Butterflies, Simply Framed

21 comments:

  1. WOW! You do AMAZING work, Diana. That little box is adorable and your eclectic pictures caused me to smile! LOVE the picture of your foot!!!
    I agree about Blogger colors. I have 2 pictures of the same card that look like it is 2 different color hues :(
    Thanks for sharing your precious album!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful album, I can tell a lot of work and love went into this!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, love! Love this mini album all about YOU, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful mini album! I really enjoyed looking at it. What a neat idea on how to remember the things you loved this spring!♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely album, a lot of work in it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous project. Such a great idea to highlight things that you love.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Amazing! ! So fun to highlight the things you love

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous album and matching file- love the flowers and embellishments

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful album you have created here! such a lovely way to keep special photos and ideas in one place so you can look back at them time and time again!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How cute is this? I love your album concept and putting it in that magazine file box. Totally adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! What a lot of work, but well worth it! A gorgeous album!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness! What a fun and fabulous mini - great taste! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! Awesome album, love the clean cut design!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amazing project. Everything is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous project...I just love it. So fun.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, I love this! What a fabulous mini-album!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is absolutely wonderful! What a great mini!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Amazing album ,what a project! Love it! Thank is for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Diana, your mini album is a complete delight!! Can understand how this project would be the one that you had the most fun making.
    Several of my cards, of late, have morphed into mini albums, as I celebrate the recipient and include little notes and letters. Something very satisfying about making it all so personal.
    Looking forward to reading more about what you choose to pursue.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated. Thanks so much for your encouragement.