Saturday, 28 June 2014

Papertrey Ink Make It Monday #169: Vellum Overlays

Danielle Flanders is up for this week's Make It Monday over at Papetrey Ink (here). She made a beautiful card  that was very inspiring ...

I liked her card so much that I pretty much used the same elements that she did - patterned paper, vellum, decorative element, vellum overlay (of course!) and a die cut.


Since those gorgeous Life is Beautiful butterfly dies are still out of stock, I had to make do with the one in the Signature Series. I must say that I still love that stamp with the gorgeous sentiment. I stamped it on a die cut Spring Moss butterfly. I inked up my stamp with Aqua Mist, stamped off twice and then loaded up the stamp with Versamark to finally stamp the die cut. Love the way it turned out! I also decided to add some texture to my vellum by dry embossing it with the woodgrain impression plate.

P.S. I kind of hated to cover up my pretty patterned paper with vellum! I don't remember ever liking a collection of patterned papers as much as Fancy Pants' Be.Loved valentine collection.

Supplies:

Cardstock: PTI Spring Moss, Stamper's Select Vellum; Recollections glitter cardstock
Stamps: PTI Signature Series: Butterfly
Inks: Versamark, PTI Aqua Mist
Dies: PTI Woodgrain Impression Plate, Cover Plate: Quatrefoil Die, Wonderful Words: Thank You
Patterned Papers: Fancy Pants Be.Loved; Crate Paper woodgrain
Other: Martha Stewart butterfly punch

4 comments:

  1. I love the way you use of vellum mutes the background -- so very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, Di-girl, I do believe you hit a home run! Gorgeous card, so soft and sparkly! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the soft background papers. The quatrefoil layer looks fabulous too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty! You substituted the butterfly quite nicely. Hopefully you will have some Beautiful ones, soon!!!! I thought your little butterflies were brass charms, Glitter paper? SWEET!
    Thanks for sharing
    Susan

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated. Thanks so much for your encouragement.