Thursday, 10 July 2014

Happy Happy Birthday

So I'm loving two challenges this week: Make it Monday #171 over at Nichole Heady's Papertrey Ink blog and the first tag challenge over at Tag ... You're it!.

At PTI Betsy Veldman is showing us how to do partical cuts with our dies, and this is the stunning project that she designed:


And Virginia Lu is guest designing at Tag You're It and has provided this inspiration:

I made a wine tag and it fits both of these challenges ...




I used watercolour paper to cut my wine tag (PTI) and also cut a second one from scrap paper. I cut the happy word (from PTI 's Pretty Peonies set)  from the scrap paper tag and then used it as a stencil over my good tag to paint my letters. I used Fresh Inks pigment inkpads to colour with. I smooshed the pads on acetate and then picked up the ink with a water brush. After it had dried, I kept the scrap tag on my good tag and used it as a template to position my word die, which I embossed onto my tag. Then I removed the template and positioned the word die into the debossed lines, carefully lined up my Big Shot cutting plates and did the partial cut! Just that simple! Not. This was quite a bit of work but I really like how it turned out so it's all good.

P.S. In case you're wondering, I couldn't resist using this wine bottle as my photo prop. It's an Australian wine called 19 Crimes and I thought it was funny to put a happy happy tag over that smiling convict's face. I don't know if the wine is good - haven't tried it yet!

P.P.S. Had a glass or two of this wine for dinner and, I must say, not bad. Love me some Aussie wine!

12 comments:

  1. Well, aren't you clever! Seriously, the tag is cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrific wine tag! Thanks for playing along with us at The Tag You're It! Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your wine bottle is too funny! Love your tag ...great idea to use the word die for the MIM . Thanks for joining us at Tag You're It!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Giggling! Your great tag softens the rascal a bit! LOL Great job! love the water colored letters!

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Diana, this is SO adorably sweet! Love how you used the "happy" die.
    (You are too funny!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Diana, this is a clever idea using this technique! Fabulously done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, aren't you the smarty pants! The wine bottle tag! VERY clever!!!
    And that wine bottle is TOO CUTE!
    Superbly staged ;)
    Thanks for sharing
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, this is fabulous, Diana! I love your take on Virginia's tags!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a fun wine tag--I love the watercoloring on the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful tag - Love the watercolor and the bottle hanging style to the tag itself!! Genius!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a pretty wine bottle tag! Such lovely colours! Thanks for playing along with the TYI challenge :)

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated. Thanks so much for your encouragement.