Friday, 25 July 2014

Papertrey Ink July 2014 Blog Hop

The inspiration photo for this month's Blog Hop over at Nichole Heady's blog is so beautiful! I love everything about it, the red with cream, the gingham, buttons, and, most especially, that painted wood background.


For my first card I tried to duplicate the wood.


I impressed some minty Bazzill cardstock with the PTI  woodgrain impression plate, first inking the plate up with some Fresh Snow ink. Then I kinda scratched the cardstock, here and there, with a toothpick dipped in Tim Holtz Walnut Stain Distress Ink. This card really keeps to the style of the mood board. I tried to channel my inner Melissa Phillips!

Supplies:

Cardstock: PTI Rustic Cream, Vintage Cream, Stamper's Select White; Bazzill mint
Stamps: PTI Bold Bouquet Anniversary, Phrase Play #6
Inks: PTI Dark Chocolate, Berry Sorbet, Pure Poppy, Scarlet Jewel, Simply Chartreuse; French Ink Mint; Tim Holtz Walnut Stain Distress Ink
Dies: PTI Parisian Lace Doily, Bold Bouquet Anniversary; Simon Says Stamp Folded Banners

26 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! Love all the background details!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you channeled quite nicely. Very pretty card, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diana, this is beautiful! Love all the elements and the clustering of those flowers! Lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the cluster of flowers in the middle of the doliy, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is a beauty! I love how you were inspired...and btw, I love your name of your blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just beautiful! The wood inspiration is perfect and I love the doily - another must have die!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE your background, and the cluster of flowers is perfect! Where is everyone finding these cute doilies? Is yours a die?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cannot believe what you did with the wood ep! Wow, that's beautiful replicating! Lovely all over, but that bg, WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think you pulled it off! I'm sure Melissa would agree! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a sweet card! I was wondering how people would re-create the background and yours is great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful. Great job with the background.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your inner Melis is stunning!! I love how you used the impression plate and all the ink to "distress" it! Love, love, love!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think your background is PERFECT!
    Better than mine ;(
    Seriously VERy pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous! You captured the feeling of the mood board perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Darling card! I almost pulled out this set, but changed tactics. Love the layered flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  16. SO pretty Diana! All the elements you put into one simple card are just amazing...really, really like this card!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hands down...this is my favorite. I totally wanted to duplicate the wood effect, but I wasn't sure how to do it. Yours is perfect! Love everything about this card, and I'm pinning it right now, so I don't forget it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Both your blog hop entries are amazing! I love the pink and blue doilies peeking out from behind on your second card. The floral bouquet on this first card is lovely! I like the distressed wood background too.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my goodness! Love this one! The banner is so sweet, and the wood background is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very nice! The flowers are so cute inside the doily and I like the wood background.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love your distressed wood background and pretty flowers on the doily, Diana. You captured the inspiration perfectly

    ReplyDelete
  22. That background is amazing! You were surely inspired making this wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Perfect! Love the soft green background and great blooms.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Fresh and feminine..lovely card.. <3

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love seeing everything you come up with! This is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated. Thanks so much for your encouragement.