Tuesday, 8 July 2014

Papertrey Ink Make It Monday #171: Pop Up Die Cuts

The one and only Besty Veldman is demonstrating partial die-cutting to pop up parts of a die cut shape over at Papertrey's blog. The card she made using this technique is just stunning!


It looked so easy, watching Betsy do it, but actually doing it took a bit of planning. I had made up my mind that I wanted to use my new Friendly Flowers stamp set and tried partial cutting the flowers but in the end I was most happy with this result ...



I love the font in this stamp set, and that sentiment is just so perfect. It was a fun technique and I will certainly try it again.

PTI Supplies:

Cardstock: Stamper's Select White, Simply Chartreuse
Stamps: Friendly Flowers
Dies: Friendly Flowers



17 comments:

  1. SWEET!!!!! I LOVE the colors and the layout. Actually you should make every card you make with Friendly Flowers JUST LIKE THIS!
    I love the split in the panel, too!
    Fabulous card. Looking for the tweet!!!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a very pretty card. Love the gingham stripe, really sets off the lovely flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very pretty! The popped up leaves are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card! The leaves are a perfect choice to pop up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW - so gorgeous!!! Both cards are stunning. I love the pop up leaves - that is so creative and pretty. I'm blown away by your cards. :-) You made me smile today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is SO pretty! Now I really do have to have that stamp set! And I love how you popped up the leaves instead of the flowers, and the diagonal cut with the pink gingham showing through is also a really nice addition. Perfect card! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cute card. I agree, it wasn't as easy as Betsy made it look, but you did a wonderful job.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the popped up leaves and the angled, cut panel! Very creative ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Diana, I love your card. It reminds me of a picnic at the park with beautiful flowers. I love the flowers, the plaid paper and the sentiment. I always need just because cards. Beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How sweet! Just doing leaves was neat and what a fun angle too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card. Love how you laid out the card. So different. Love the plaid.

    ReplyDelete
  12. oooh! I agree the font in your sentiment is fantastic!! I think this technique works so well with that flower die! Great card.

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fab card. Love the popped up leaves

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a gorgeous card! The colors and the gingham .....perfect! I think you just sold me on this set..

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE LOVE LOVE this! I so want this set and dies! You had me at the pop of gingham! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, this is so pretty! Wonderful take on the MIM technique!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a pretty card - perfectly perfect!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated. Thanks so much for your encouragement.