Thursday, 17 July 2014

Papertrey Ink Make It Monday #172: Rainbow Medallions

This week, over at Nichole Heady's blog, Dawn has us stamping rainbow medallions and her card was very inspiring ...

It took a while to come up with something that worked (I definitely need more stamps and supplies to keep up with these PTI challenges - are you listening DH?; believe me he will not agree), but I settled on the smallest arrow stamp in Live Love Life (I use this set all the time) and made this medallionesque card ...


I like how it turned out - somehow it reminds me of a comic book page - black and white with saturated colours.

Did you notice that I used staples to adhere the sequins to the heart frame?


I've been wanting to do this forever. I saw it somewhere quite a while back and I've finally made a project that suits this technique. Is it edgy? I love it and it's much easier than Glossy Accents, except it's a look that doesn't go with every card.

Supplies:

Cardstock: PTI Stamper's Select White, Smokey Shadow
Stamps: PTI Live Love Life
Ink: PTI Smokey Shadow, Pure Poppy, Orange Zest, Harvest Gold, Simply Chartreuse, Blueberry Sky, Winter Wisteria, Plum Pudding, Raspberry Rizz
Other: Spellbinders circle dies, Lifestyle Crafts hearts dies, sequins, Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher

10 comments:

  1. Creative genius! Fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, I REALLY like this card! I LOVE how you did the arrows and the black and white stamp in the middle just sets it off! And... how clever are you stapling sequins!!!
    I have never seen that! LOVE it! It really was faster than using Glossy Accents???
    Super job! Tweet-able ;)
    Thanks for sharing
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute and very colorful. Love your heart! I need a heart, too!

    I have a tiny attacher......somewhere. I can find the refills!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, you are SO clever!!! AND creative! Love this card :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! The arrows are just perfect for this challenge, and I really like your stapled sequins too! A definite thinking outside the box card! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How adorable is this!?! wow outstanding!!

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a terrific card. I love the arrows, your sentiment and the die cut heart. Love, love, love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The arrows are terrific. And so are the rainbow sequins attached with tiny staples!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, it's definitely a look that goes with this card, and yes, it's edgy, and, boy oh wow, do I ever think it is brilliant!! I love everything about your fun and bright card, Diana!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  10. You got a wow out of me! Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated. Thanks so much for your encouragement.