Tuesday, 29 July 2014

Papertrey Ink Make It Monday #174: Diamond Wallpaper Stamping

Ashley Cannon Newell is up over at Nichole Heady's blog, showing us all how to stamp wallpaper background designs. She made up two stunning cards, my particular favourite being this one ...


Did you notice just how perfect her stamping is? Straight, solid, evenly proportioned - so very easy to do. If you are Ashley. Unfortunately, I am not. I made a total of 346 backgrounds, not one of them perfect in any way!! Such is life. Here is my masculine birthday card. We have lots of family birthdays in May so I thought I would get a head start for next year.


Since my background was so busy, I kept this very simple, just stamping a square with my birthday sentiment. The pattern I stamped reminds me of fabric for a tie, so therefore masculine enough for me.

Supplies:

Cardstock: PTI Rustic Cream, Vintage Cream, Enchanted Evening
Stamps: PTI Autumn Pattern Pieces, Round Repeats, Birthday Classics: May
Inks: PTI Enchanted Evening; Fresh Ink Mango; Versafine Onyx Black

15 comments:

  1. Well, Twinkie, I do believe you had success! Gorgeous card. Anyone would love to receive this card. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? (yes I am yelling!)
    I KNEW you were not telling the truth! That background is PERFECT! If I didn't know better, I would say it was patterned paper! I KNEW it!
    GORGEOUS, Diana. Just GORGEOUS!!! I LOVE it! Superb job!
    Thanks for sharing
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your card! I am pinning it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Masculine or feminine, this is a beauty! Love the stamps you combined.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sure looks like a lot of precision on that card to me! It's a great card

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow you sure knew what you were doing when you made this! Perfect stamping! I really love the way your background turned out... :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, this looks fabulous, Diana!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW...WOW...this is simply BEAUTIFUL, Diana!
    Your stamping is PERFECT & FABULOUS!
    Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh you silly girl! this is perfect - yes! perfect!! I really love the outcome : ) I'm bowing!!

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful car!d, Diana... the stamps and color choices look awesome. AND, like so many of the others mentioned, your background wallpaper looks perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well, I, for one, am glad you persevered and made 346 backgrounds! I can so relate--perhaps that's why I don't have a card entered in this challenge?? This turned out beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love it! Holy cow 346? It was worth it though, the card is fabulous : )

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! What a beautiful wallpaper background!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow!!! This is perfect! I am sure the other 346 are just as good!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated. Thanks so much for your encouragement.