Wednesday, 30 July 2014

Papertrey Ink Make It Monday #174: Diamond Wallpaper Stamping (2nd Post)

I managed to come up with another stamped diamond background for this week's MIM challenge over at Nichole Heady's blog. Ashley showed us how easy it was to do this (ha!) and here is one of the sweet cards that she made with this technique ...


I used a stamp from PTI's Autumn Pattern Pieces set to create my background and got somewhat brave and used different colours for my diamond stamping (oooh!). I also challenged myself to use a new stamp set that I've been meaning to try - Oopsie Daisy. This flower set is so versatile and fun - I love it - and I actually like how this card turned out. I used another brand new stamp (to me), Dawn's Boutique Borders: Birthday, so way to go me.


Supplies:

Cardstock: PTI Rustic Cream, Vintage Cream, Hawaiian Shores, Aqua Mist, Lemon Tart, Berry Sorbet
Stamps: Autumn Pattern Pieces, Oopsie Daisy, Boutique Borders: Birthday, Keep it Simple: Birthday
Inks: PTI Pure Poppy, Hawaiian Shores, Harvest Gold, Smokey Shadow; Fresh Ink Celery
Dies: PTI Oopsie Daisy, Boutique Borders: Birthday
Other: Enamel dots


14 comments:

  1. This is SO pretty!! I love your background and the colors are really stand out! And your flowers are gorgeous too. Lovely, lovely card Diana! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colours and the design, great job :)
    Shaz x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, what a gorgeous card, Twinkie! How many tries? Only 189? So cheery, so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Diana, you created such a pretty diamond background! The colors and blooms are super fun for a Birthday card :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is delightful! Love your background (and you're making me wish I'd gotten those flower stamps...)! You enabler, you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Diana,Love the way you did the OD Flowers, I didn't even know what stamp this was and I use it all the time. Gorgeous card and another perfect background!

    ReplyDelete
  7. GORGEOUS!!! PLEASE tell me you drew a grid before you did all of that stamping???
    Those elements are lined up PERFECTLY!
    Your flowers are amazing, too. I really never loved Oopsie Daisy until now ~ THANKS!
    Awesome cards Diana. Tweet-able ;)
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! WOW! WOW! I just LOVE this card! Your background is amazing! Beautiful flower accenting, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This turned out beautifully! Love the colors...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very creative background and a lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this one and the one before it, too. Fabulous take on the challenge. I like how you changed up the colors on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Seriously GORGEOUS!!! Perfectly stamped background, the flowers are gorgeous and I love the sentiment. wow!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous!! I love the color combo and your background pairs perfectly with the gorgeous flowers! I love how you stamped the line image flowers onto colored cardstock. Thank you for coming to visit my blog and for your sweet comment, means so much to me!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated. Thanks so much for your encouragement.