Sunday, 20 July 2014

Runway Inspired Challenge #64: Bottega Veneta

This is my first time playing over at the Runway Inspired Challenge - I just couldn't resist the totally fabulous dress for ric#64 ...

I was so inspired by the soft floral print with the punch of the black lace on the bodice. After playing around a bit, this is what I ended up with ...


I chose quite a strong black and white patterned paper for the layer cut with PTI's Tipped Top die. I decided that it needed a layer of vellum on top to soften it a bit. My flowers are all from PTI Friendly Flowers,  and the sentiment is from Winnie & Walter The Big The Bold and The Happy. I created a Silhouette cut file for the "happy" part. I also heat embossed the large flower with Zing Blush embossing powder.

Other Supplies:

Cardstock: PTI Stamper's Select White, Soft Stone
Inks: PTI Smokey Shadow; Fresh Ink Celery, Grapefruit, Blue Sage, Silver Lilac, French Lavender
Other: Prima pearls

10 comments:

  1. Pretty, pretty card. Love how subtle it is :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. PRETTY card. I love every thing. The vellum over the pattern paper, Tipped Tops and of course Friendly Flowers!
    Thank you for sharing
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made a comment on this card....where did it go?
    This is a lovely card. Very sophisticated! Love that touch of purple!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful! Love that gray background with the flowers! Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The angles, the layering, the flowers...it's all awesome! Thanks so much for joining us on the Runway!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome layering, and the colours of the flowers so totally evoke the dress! Thanks for strutting your stuff with us at Runway Inspired Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated. Thanks so much for your encouragement.