Friday, 22 August 2014

Beautiful Brushstrokes: Two Cards

Oh how I love everything about this stamp set! The beautiful sentiments with that little frame, the flowers, the millions of colour possibilities.  I am so happy that I finally caved, and also that I was lucky enough to find someone who had purchased the kit and was willing to sell some parts of it to me! Thank you so much, Ann :)!

I am entering my first card in this week's Papertrey Ink Make It Monday #177 challenge, Using Cover Plate Negatives, hosted by Laurie Willison.


I used a Simon Says Stamp cover plate, Chevron Pattern Full, and just used bits and pieces of the negative cuts, popping some of them up with dimensional adhesive.

For my second card, I'm playing along with the Fusion Card Challenge for the very first time. I loved the inspiration photo!


Gorgeous flowers in gorgeous colours. I thought it was perfect for my first ever Beautiful Brushstrokes card ...


Supplies for Delight in this day

Cardstock: PTI Stamper's Select White
Stamps: PTI Beautiful Brushstrokes, Beautiful Brushstrokes Sentiments
Inks: PTI Smokey Shadow, Lemon Tart, Harvest Gold, Orange Zest, Hibiscus Burst, Royal Velvet, Ripe Avocado, Limeade Ice; Fresh Ink Grapefruit
Dies: PTI Beautiful Brushstrokes, Life is Beautiful; Simon Says Stamp Chevron Pattern Full

Supplies for So happy for you

Cardstock: PTI Stamper's Select White, Lemon Tart
Stamps: PTI Beautiful Brushstrokes, Beautiful Brushstrokes Sentiments
Inks: PTI Smokey Shadow, Lemon Tart, Harvest Gold, Orange Zest, Sunmnmer Sunrise, Terracotta Tile, Hibiscus Burst, Royal Velvet, Ripe Avocado, Limeade Ice, Simply Chartreuse; Fresh Ink Grapefruit
Dies: PTI Beautiful Brushstrokes, Woodgrain Impression Plate
Other: Sequins

13 comments:

  1. Both cards are stunning, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2 over the moon gorgeous cards, Diana! The first one with the die cuts popped up, WOW, that's so elegant. The 2nd as well, softly elegant. Just WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both cards are absolutely beautiful Diana! The first one is a stunner with just a touch of color against all the white, and makes me think I'll have to get the Beautiful Brushstrokes set out again! And your 2nd card is just so soft and pretty and love the colors! Well done!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're making me regret not getting Beautiful Brushstrokes - gorgeous card, Diana! Love that you popped up some on the chevron pieces on the first card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely stunning!! And so so so creative! Love both of your cards. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both of these are really beautiful Diana! Love your first card, the white-on-white for this week's challenge. I too love this kit; it really does so much of the work for me, I hardly feel like I designed a thing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two beautiful designs Diana! Love your negative coverplate card - well done - and your floral bouquet is lovely on your Fusion Card - thanks so much for playing with us at the Fusion Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful, the white on white is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful cards! I especially love the first...your "random" placement of the die pieces is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely gorgeous, Diana! Thanks for joining us at Fusion! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are so pretty :) love them. Thank you for sharing with Fusion!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh how gorgeous!! Lovely lovely!!! ADORE BOTH of them! Thanks so much for joining us at FUSION - I hope that you are insopired to join us in the upcoming challenge as well!!!!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated. Thanks so much for your encouragement.