Monday, 25 August 2014

Papertrey Ink August 2014 Blog Hop

Nichole Heady posted a lovely  inspiration photo for this month's Papertrey Ink Blog Hop .


I don't have any extra time today, or this week in fact, because I'm babysitting every single day! School started for the teachers in our family last week, but the students only go back on Thursday. That means that nana has to step in and help take care of some of the littles. Two of my grandsons are starting kindergarten this week, eeeek, and for the first four days they only have school in the mornings, so they need to be picked up at lunch and cuddled and listened to (I'll probably get an earful from at least one of them) all afternoon. I'm looking forward to sharing the excitement of their first days of school, but I'm also dreading the possible over-excitement of it all. You have to know my Léo and Kristopher to know what I mean!

All of this to say, here is my blank notecard ...



Super simple. And not really my style. I really drew a blank for this challenge! I stamped two of the feathers and then debossed them with their matching dies. The third feather was stamped, die cut and popped up with dimensional adhesive.

And just like in the inspiration photo, I made a gold embossed polka dotted envelope liner. I used a one-inch circle punch to cut out some thin scrap paper that I had covered with Scor-Tape. I then peeled the liner off the circles and coated them with Zing embossing powder and applied my heat gun. Very simple to do. Then I just glued my circles to my envelope liner.

This one is for you, Pat!

Supplies:

Cardstock: PTI Stamper's Select White
Stamps: PTI Beautiful Brushstrokes Additions and Sentiments
Ink: PTI Raspberry Fizz, Smokey Shadow; Versamark
Dies: PTI Beautiful Brushstrokes, A2 Envelope Liner
Other: Copic RV04; Zing gold embossing powder; thin white paper



24 comments:

  1. Yummy feathers! It is a pretty card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Diana, love the pink and gold feathers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I personally LOVE it. I kinda like those feathers. They have a great chap. I alos love them embossed in gold!
    Enjoy your littles. You squeezed in a GREAT card!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! Love the feather details on your card. It took me a while to decide on a design for this challenge too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a beautiful card, Diana! The feathers are heavenly in pink and gold, and I love the Thanks font. Have a wonderful week with your little Kindergarteners!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so delicate and pretty....and I love the matching envelope!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What fun to have the little ones around. Love the feathers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty card & best of luck getting through the week with the new Kindies - it is such an exciting time :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Diana, this is so striking & beautiful!
    Love your take on the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. fab card and great way to make the polka dots

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love it!!! And I love even more that you were one of the hop winners!!! Yay!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. well it may not be your style but it really came out beautifully :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful, Diana, and congratulations on your win. You are one lucky gal but deserving!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well I think you did a fantastic job !! Love the feathers!! For my liner I embossed some paper and then I cut it out with my envelope maker . I just adapted it a bit smaller it's easy and fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You drew a blank?! Oh my goodness--one of my favorite cards! Congrats on your win, too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, I love those pink feathers with the gold embossing. Very elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my! This is stunning! What a gorgeous card and matching envie! All of your cards are so pretty! You do beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful card! I love the feathers.

    ReplyDelete
  19. It may not be your usual style but it looks perfect - I love how you've partially embossed those feathers...it gives them so much dimension!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, I haven't been to your blog in awhile, SUCH eye candy!! Love all of your new projects!!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated. Thanks so much for your encouragement.