Wednesday, 6 August 2014

Papertrey Ink Make It Monday #175: Creative Card Borders Using Non-Border Dies

This week's Make It Monday challenge is lots of fun and you can find it over here, at Nichole Heady's blog. I was stunned by Danielle Flander's card and just want to eat it up that's how delicious it is.


It is almost too gorgeous - all I really want to do is copy her card line for line but I don't own PTI's Apple Prints stamps and dies (yet, but, as someone over at the Forum said, they are now resting comfortably in my cart). So I copied her style, her layout, and pretty much everything else but I used my Snowflake Medley set instead. You knew that someone had to do snowflakes, right?


Supplies:

Cardstock: PTI Kraft, Rustic White
Stamps: PTI Snowflake Medley, Instant Photo: Holidays
Inks: PTI Sweet Blush, Smokey Shadow; Fresh Ink Island, Blue Sage
Dies: PTI Snowflake Medley
Other: October Afternoon patterned paper; washi tape; chipboard peppermint from stash; Wink of Stella (impossible to photo but used on snowflakes and highlighted word in sentiment)

19 comments:

  1. You are making me excited for winter and snow!! (impossible but true LOL) This color combo is delightful! : ) What a wonderful idea to use snowflakes for your border.

    I'm bowing Diana! : )

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ack! As much as I detest snow I adore your card more! So blingy, and soft and well, gorgeous! Love it, Twinkie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love this, Diana! The colors and patterns are delicious!! :)
    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely beautiful!! Love the soft colours...well, love everything about this! (I will have to make note of this layout...) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my sweetness! Lovely colors and cute snowflakes, I have a weakness for snowflakes😊

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice, Diana! These snowflakes make a lovely border on your card, and you captured Danielle's card beautifully ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. As usual, your card is STUNNING!!!
    I am going to try snowflakes myself. It won't be as pretty as yours, but I am still going to try!
    LOVE it, Diana
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE your card Diana! The snowflakes are just perfect, the colors gorgeous, and the sentiment also perfect for the card! I'm not wishing for snow anytime soon, but I sure do love your card! Great job!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is fantastic, Diana! Love the colors and the snowflakes look like they are falling from the heavens! Wonderful Christmas card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty snowflakes! Excellent use of the kraft paper and I love the soft colors.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm absolutely in love with your card! What a joy to look at.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A gorgeous card. Such a great colour combo!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, gosh. Another pink holiday beauty. Snowflakes are a brilliant choice. Even though you said you copied all those design elements from Danielle, this card looks totally different and original. Fantastic job.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome card...great idea to make a Christmas card...love those snowflake borders!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So pretty! And I may have those apples in my cart now too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love pink for winter/holiday cards!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the colors you chose for showcase your snowflakes! So very pretty! I don't own the Apple prints, either, but after seeing Danielle's card, I have them on my wishlist!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated. Thanks so much for your encouragement.