Thursday, 7 August 2014

Papertrey Ink Make it Monday #175: Creative Card Borders Second Post)

This is my second post for this week's Make it Monday challenge over at Nichole Heady's PTI blog. Danielle Flanders is showing us how to make fun borders on our cards using non-border dies. Our inspiration is this ...


I know, scrumptious!!!!! I thought I would do a second Christmas card, this time using the PTI Christmas Tree die, and now I actually have a series going on because it looks a lot like my first card. I know that many of you don't enjoy seeing Christmas cards in August, but all the other good dies were already used in the gallery. This seems to be a popular challenge!





See, I've used the same patterned paper inside as on my snowflake card. It's by October Afternoon and it's one of my all-time favourite Christmas papers. Here's a closer look at it ...

It was especially fitting for my Snowflake Medley card, or at least I think so.

The "shadowed" tree on my card front, as well as the wreath, have been glittered up to make it look as though they are covered with snow.


  

After making these two cards, I have decided that my Christmas colour scheme for this year will be cream, pink, red and kraft. Now I just have to find an acceptable solid colour wrapping paper in pink. No easy task.

Thanks for looking at my blog. Make sure you head on over to see all of the amazing cards that have been made for this challenge.

FOR THE RECORD:

I have revised this card, but I feel that it doesn't really fit in the challenge very well anymore. Yes, technically I did die-cut the edge of my card, but I have now added added another tree on top, for a total of three trees!! I felt that my card was missing something, maybe the rule of three was bothering me. Anyway, here is a pic of what it looks like now ...


I removed the sequins (with some difficulty - Glossy Accents really sticks!) and glittered up my first pink tree, using Doodlebug fine white glitter. I like the contrast between the two kinds of glitter that I used. I then layered a plain pink tree on top, positioning it a little more toward the bottom of my card. I like this card a whole lot better now.

Supplies:

Cardstock: PTI Rustic Cream, Sweet Blush, Kraft
Stamps: PTI Bells & Boughs, Framed Out #9, Note Niblets
Inks: PTI Pure Poppy, Limeade Ice, Ripe Avocado; Fresh Ink Grapefruit
Dies: PTI Bells & Boughs, Christmas Tree, Framed Out #9, Note Niblets, Woodgrain Impression Plate
Other: October Afternoon Patterned Paper; Martha Stewart Crystal Coarse Glitter; May Arts cording; sequins; Ranger Glossy Accents

16 comments:

  1. Well, this is just too, too cute! Love it, girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christmas goodness, Diana! Love the frosty pink/white combo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very lovely! and now I feel the need to glitter/snow something!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another beauty Diana and you can show Christmas cards anytime you want in my opinion...I love looking at them all year round!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! I am happy to see another one by you! Beautiful! Love the tree overlay and the glittery touches!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful. Love your card, such a fun way to use the Christmas tree die and love that is pink!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow, this is pretty! And thanks for stopping by my blog to say HELLO! : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. Diana, this is STUNNING! Your mix of pink, cream and Kraft could only be pulled off by YOU! It is beautiful. I LOVE the tree. I have that die and just love it! It was a perfect match.
    Thanks for sharing
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another lovely card! I think this is a fabulous color combo for your Christmas cards. Best of luck in the wrapping paper search...good thing you're starting months ahead. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely gorgeous. That tree makes such a great border...going to use it too. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is just gorgeous--and I love that tree die in soft pink. Fantastic choice of dies.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another fantastic card, Diana! Loving those pinks and all the layers...perfect inside too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I liked your original but the revised is even more delicious! Beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like them both, Diana! I think it's a brilliant design and I adore your idea of doing your Christmas cards in these colors! They will definitely stand out in the crowd of red and green cards people always get. I'm thinking of doing turquoise, which isn't all that original anymore as we see lots of aqua and red paired beautifully together for Christmas. I should get off the computer and go MAKE some, as time is whooshing by us!! Have a great week! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous idea to use the trees Diana!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my! This is a beautiful soft Christmas card! Great idea for the border!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated. Thanks so much for your encouragement.