Wednesday, 20 August 2014

Papertrey Ink Make It Monday #177: Using Cover Plate Negatives

This week Laurie Willison is up over at Nichole Heady's Papertrey Blog, showing us how to use those negatives leftover from cover plate cuts. Her card was CAS perfection!


I chose to work with my PTI Harlequin cover plate. Before cutting out the die, I took a piece of Kraft cardstock and stamped it with my PTI Herringbone background stamp and then embossed it with a Cuttlebug embossing folder (distressed stripes). Since I don't have any Press 'N Seal, I just temporarily adhered the cover plate on my card front and used it as a guide to stick the negative pieces back in. I used both the stamped and unstamped sides of those leftover pieces, for some added interest.


I wish that I had just made this card with my usual white cardstock. Just not feeling this one at all.

Supplies

Cardstock: PTI Kraft, Vintage Cream
Stamps: PTI Friendly Flowers, Background Basics: Herringbone
Ink: PTI Smokey Shadow, Dark Chocolate, Limeade Ice, Sweet Blush, Summer Sunrise
Dies: PTI Cover Plate: Harlequin, Friendly Flowers, Fillable Frames #7

6 comments:

  1. Well, I think it's very pretty. And not a feather in sight! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no, no, no my friend. I LOVE the Kraft. It is awesome when a challenge has you think and operate outside your normal sphere!!!
    Its a BEAUTIFUL card. Kraft and Harlequin were a perfect choice.
    Thank you for sharing your beautiful card
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your design, using kraft was a great idea! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very neat card! Some stamped pieces and some not makes a cool background!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow! what a sensational card! So much interest in design and color wow!

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Diana!! All the elements just go together perfectly....I think I need those friendly flowers!!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated. Thanks so much for your encouragement.