Saturday, 6 September 2014

CASE Study Challenge #207

Another first-time challenge for me! I could not resist this week's inspiration from the September muse, Debby Hughes, over at the CASE Study Challenge blog. It's all vellum and white and complete prettiness. The Design Team's cards are out of this world fabulous and so is the entire gallery.

Debby Hughes is one of my most favourite cardmaking idols. Her skill level is amazing and she seems to be able to do any and all styles with ease, while still always being true to herself. I'm just so thankful that she shares! Here is her card for this week's challenge ...


And this is what I came up with ...


I die cut my Lovely Layer leaves out of vellum, stamping the backside of them with a Fresh Ink Mint inkpad, smudging them all up, and then embossing the details of the leaves with Stampendous White Detail embossing powder on the front of the vellum. For those who want to know, "bisous" is French for "kisses".

Supplies:

Cardstock: PTI Stamper's Select White, Vellum, Sweet Blush, Aqua Mist, Berry Sorbet
Stamps: PTI Lovely Layers
Ink: Fresh Ink Mint; Versamark
Dies: PTI Lovely Layers; Simons Says Stamp Chevron Pattern Full; Silhouette word cut
Other: Theresa Collins sequin

11 comments:

  1. This is so pretty Diana! I love how you made the leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, so pretty! I love how you've layered Lovely Layers in those beautiful muted colours over the top of that fabulous die-cut background. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness Diana this is stunning! I love how clean it is but still with so much texture. Beautifully done :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your card, Diana. I love the background and Lovely Layers in vellum. I have mis-placed my Lovely Layers stamps! I CANNOT find them. I know they are somewhere... how can you loose a whole stamp set???
    Thanks for sharing
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Diana, this is beautiful! Love the french word die cutting and the layered flower in the soft colors! Lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Diana... Your comment made me smile and I came over to say hi!
    I'm loving what I see here on your blog. You don't need any extra mojo ;) your cards are BEAUTIFUL& I am adding you to my reading list at this moment!
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Diana! Isn't this week's CASE awesome? Your blog is amazing, we'll be seeing you again. Thanks for the visit to my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So crisp and clean Diana! That flower in the center is stunning on the die cut background. Great way to make it your own.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Simply divine! I LOVE this!! Thanks for playing along with us at CASE Study!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the softness, love the detail and dimension and also great photo :D Thanks for joining in with CASE Study challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated. Thanks so much for your encouragement.