Monday, 1 September 2014

Fusion (Old Door Charm)

There is some new inspiration up over at the Fusion Card Challenge, Old Door Charm.

When I participate in a challenge I try really hard not to see what the design team has done with the inspiration until after I've made my project (then I look). Well, the design team did amazing work and I noticed that I'm using apple elements, just like Lynn Mangan did. This was pure coincidence!

Here is my card ...


I've had back to school on my brain because two of my grandsons started kindergarten last week. I was super busy but it was so much fun! They were hilarious in how casual they were about it all. Or at least they pretended that it was no big deal.

I was influenced by the photo - mostly by the colours but also by the door frame "compartments" and by the type. I didn't go as vintage as the old painted door, but I did emboss my front panel using a woodgrain impression plate that was first inked up with some distress inks - Fired Brick and Vintage Photo. Next, I used an ink blending tool to add some PTI Vintage Cream ink and then finished the panel by dipping a toothpick in some Fired Brick ink and scratching it over the woodgrain.

Supplies:

Cardstock: PTI Rustic Cream, Vintage Cream, Kraft and Summer Sunrise
Stamps: PTI Apple Prints
Inks: PTI Lemon Tart, Dark Chocolate, Ripe Avocado, Terracotta Tile, Vintage Cream; Hero Arts Red Royal Mid-Tone; Tim Holtz Fired Brick, Vintage Photo Distress Inks
Dies: PTI Apple Prints, Woodgrain Impression Plate; Silhouette cut file for banner

5 comments:

  1. This is so cute Diana! Love how you placed the Apple Prints and the banner over top. My 4 year old starts Montessori tomorrow... I may have to invest in some of these "teacher" sets! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunning! My first time playing with Fusion and its fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, Diana! I take the same approach with challenges - don't check the DT and don't look at the gallery until I've made my own version - it is really hard for me to be creative once I'm distracted by other people's awesome creativity! Sometimes I find I was inspired in the same way as someone else, like you have done, but for me, that is okay. ;-) Thanks for joining us at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely woodgrain and sweet apples!!! WOW Love this design, very creative!! Thanks ever so much for joining us at FUSION !!! Hope you join us again!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE your card, Diana. Your apples looking pretty on the craft paper. Great job. Thanks for playing along at the FUSION card challenge.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated. Thanks so much for your encouragement.