Wednesday, 24 September 2014

Papertrey Ink September 2014 Blog Hop Challenge

Can't believe that it's almost the end of September already and that we're leaving for a nice (long) vacation next week (yay!). Nichole Heady has put up an amazing inspiration photo for the Papertrey Ink September Blog Hop ...


It was the colours that really made me look twice - combos that I would not necessarily think of myself but that are so gorgeous together. Just beautiful. I want that pail of berries for my house and I also want a stamp set that replicates them! Nichole mentioned that we might be inspired to make some holiday cards, and that's what I went for - except for one everyday project.


I had never used Enchanted Evening cardstock before and I must say I love it. I stamped the City Scene houses on Sweet Blush die cuts with Smokey Shadow ink. The little trees were stamped with Ripe Avocado onto Spring Moss card.


Just had to make a shaker card! Can you tell that I'm still in love with woodgrain patterns and probably always will be? Just love this sentiment stamp (from Bells & Boughs).


One of the elements that I loved the most in the inspiration photo were those wonderful berries. I tried to capture the feel of them with stamps from Bells & Boughs and Embellished Elegance, doing some masking along the way. The bells were stamped with Soft Stone ink (I'm loving the colour and I'm so glad that it's available again!) and then heat embossed with some glitter powder.


A very simple thank you card, using stamped Beautiful Brushstrokes die cuts against some Studio Calico patterned paper. The sentiment was heat embossed with gold metallic powder.


Supplies:

Cardstock: PTI Stamper's Select White, Rustic White, Sweet Blush, Spring Moss, Enchanted Evening, Kraft
Stamps: PTI Beautiful Brushstrokes, Bells & Boughs, City Scene & Christmas Sentiments, Embellished Elegance; Wplus9 Fanciful Feathers; Hero Arts Tiny Flakes
Inks: PTI Sweet  Blush, Autumn Rose, Enchanted Evening, Ripe Avocado, Spring Moss, Smokey Shadow, Soft Stone, Fresh Snow; Versamark
Dies: PTI City Scene, Bells & Boughs, Beautiful Brushstrokes, Embellished Elegance, Shakers & Sprinkles; Simon Says Stamp Folded Banners; My Favourite Things Sentiment Strips
Patterned Paper: Studio Calico; Jillibean Soup
Other: Zing Gold Metallic embossing powder; unknown glitter embossing powder; sequins; Martha Stewart coarse glitter; Stickles

34 comments:

  1. Diana, these are ALL fantabulous! But I do have a favorite, and that's the shaker. Just the way you turned the oval, and the pink row houses, just every detail makes it tops!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh Diana, you have been a busy stamper! Love your pink City Scene cards and (squeal!) your Shaker! I love the Berries in the photo too, but could not think of a set to use to capture them, which you did beautifully! Beautiful Brushstrokes too...my favorite MIM kit to date. Very nice take on the Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, LOVE everyone of these cards Diana! I do have a soft spot for the shaker card though, and never thought of using City Scene for it...thank you for the inspiration! Well done...they are all beautiful! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all your cards, especially the sweet shaker card! I just got Bells and Boughs in the mail today and I'm so inspired by your card using that set. I can't wait to ink it up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful set of cards - LOVE the shaker scene with the woodgrain panel!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Diana, these cards are STUNNING!!!
    I so love the City Scene card. I have yet to ink it up. Did it take a long time?
    The other cards are really pretty, but that City Scene stole the show!
    Thanks for sharing
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wowzer--you were on a roll! I love them all, but the 3rd one really jumped off the page at me as I love the boughs & those beautiful bells!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow all of these are amazing.. Great combo for Christmas card.. lovely creativity..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic cards with wonderful details! Love your pretty pastel shaker.

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW! All your cards are FABULOUS!!! Great job!!
    Thank You for stopping by my blog today too!!
    Have a GREAT day!
    Happy Hopping! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Diane, this is a beautiful display of cards. I love the city scape scenes for Christmas cards, especially the shaker~so so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. If this comment shows up twice...please delete one because my first just disappeared!
    But any cards using City Scenes are supposed to come with a warning!!!
    I've been trying to resist this set for a year and every time someone uses it I grow weaker...
    and now you used it in pink...
    against EE...
    I love it!!
    They're ALL gorgeous...
    but really just lovin' those City Scenes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute cards! I really love your City Scene ones. Great colors.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow and wow. I was admiring your first card, and then kept scrolling to see more and more. Fabulous job this month. I especially love your 2nd City Scene card.

    ReplyDelete
  15. FABULOUS CARDS!! Love each and every one!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOVE the cards you've done! And you've given me some great inspiration for Christmas cards done with City Scenes!! Love the shaker card and may Case you, as my granddaughters would love that. Wonderful Christmas cards, and Beautiful Brushstrokes, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I keep looking at your cards over and over. There is so much variety and I love them!! Wonderful, wonderful cards, dear lady!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous cards, all. Love your city scenes!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Diana these are fantastic! I love how you used the color combos to make Christmas cards, I didn't even think of that!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! I love them all, but I think your second city scene with the woodgrain is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh gosh, I would be hard pressed to pick a favorite here!! these are all just gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. OH, Diana, I love your beautiful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  23. WOW Diana! Love all your cards. Didn't even occur to me to make holiday cards with these colors - stunning, especially the first one with the city skyline!

    ReplyDelete
  24. super cards, awesome job - enjoy your holiday.x

    ReplyDelete
  25. You've been very busy Diana. These cards are beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow, Diana, you've created some gorgeous cards! Love them ALL!

    ReplyDelete
  27. You've outdone yourself, Diana! I'm so glad that you were able to get your hands on the beautiful brush strokes kit ... Isn't it a joy to play with?
    Your city scene cards are stunning! I especially like the wood grain one with the embellished elegance (?) die cut. It's perfect in every way!
    Thanks for the sweet comment you left on my blog & hope you have a great vacay! :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow! What a fabulous collection of cards! Each one is so very pretty! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow, is my reaction, too! What a wonderful group of cards; I especially love the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Beautiful cards, Diana!! Amazing work!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. a wonderful set of cards, my absolute favorite is the 2. one

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated. Thanks so much for your encouragement.