Sunday, 21 September 2014

Peace Feathers

There's some gorgeous inspiration up on the Case Study Challenge Blog, again from this month's muse, Debby Hughes.

I just love what Debby does with whites and vellum and all those pretty details. I was definitely inspired by everything she used - the gold, the white, the kraft, the feathers. Here is my card:


We're enjoying a very dull cloudy day so it was difficult to get a nice photo. The middle feather was masked and the top was embossed with some Zing Gold Metallic embossing powder while the bottom was glittered.  It's a very simple, even plain card, but I love the way each piece fit together exactly like a puzzle.

Supplies:

Cardstock: PTI Stamper's Select White, Kraft
Dies: PTI One Liners Christmas; WPlus9 Fanciful Feathers
Other: Zing Gold Metallic embossing powder; Doodlebug Lily White glitter

10 comments:

  1. Pooh! I love this card!
    I love the embossed/glittered feathers!
    Thanks for sharing your pretty card
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! A Stunning card... I love how simple it is but it has so much detail it really makes you look twice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow wow wow! That gold dipped leaf is a stunner!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Unique & beautiful! Love the partially gold embossed feather & use of the Peace die!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I love this fabulous card! It's so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Diane. Love the white feathers with the touch of gold. Very elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A sparkly Christmas feather card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE this feather card, what you did with the middle feather is stunning!!! I'm a Canadian too, I live in Stoney Creek, ON and also love PTI. I hope to start my own blog--LOVE your blog name, cool!!! I've also never tried doing challenges but would like to try. I do have a complication of extreme pain, was disabled in a car accident about 20 years ago and had to leave my career as a classical musician, I worked as a music performance professor in eastern Canada, then had to relocate to find medical care and when the treatment and surgeries did not work, I decided to stay in Ontario. Just wanted to say hello, I saw your post on the Noel set, I hope that someone will sell it to you--I understand how it is when you passionately NEED that stamp set or die, etc!!! LOVE your blog, you are a talented artist! I have a very tiny gallery on Splitcoaststampers and hope perhaps in the new year to start a blog. I need to think of a name though... I'm originally from Moncton, NB... Just wanted to express my admiration for your cards and to say hello.

    Best wishes,

    Joanne

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated. Thanks so much for your encouragement.