Wednesday, 5 November 2014

Papertrey Ink Make It Monday #187: Partial Die Cuts for the Holidays

Melissa Phillips is up for this week's Make It Monday challenge over at Papertrey Ink. She made a beautiful Christmas tree gift tag to demonstrate the technique


Isn't that gorgeous? I love her style - "modern" vintage, always using the most beautiful details and colours. I got back from a long vacation last week and my mojo has not made it back home yet. I am struggling to get creative (I have so much to do for the holidays!) and forced myself to participate in this week MIM challenge. I made a two tag set ...



I think these would be cute for some New Year's Eve hostess gifts. Each of them is very simple. I used Papertrey's Cover Plate: Chevron Vertical to die cut some American Crafts POW Glitter Paper (solid silver) and then snipped the chevrons apart. For the wine tag I mounted them on foam tape and then trimmed the sides off. For the gift tag, I just glued the chevrons on the tag and trimmed. The sentiments (from PTI Note Niblets) were stamped using Smokey Shadow ink. For the wine tag I wanted a "hole reinforcer" look so I die cut a second collar, this time using True Black cardstock. I think the wine tag looks very New Year's Eve tuxedo festive and the bells add just the right amount of cheer for ringing in the New Year. It's my easy version of  a shaker tag :).

8 comments:

  1. Very classy tags, Diana! Love the colours and the clean, modern look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE your tags and they are perfect for a New Years Eve gift! And the jingle bells just make me smile...well done! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the addition of the bells on the wine tag, can almost hear them jingle as you present the gift!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute! Hope you had a wonderful trip Diana!! And it looks like your Mojo is back to me! Hope you are feeling more creative and crafty soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE these!!!!! Simple, elegant and perfect!!! I'm soooo pinning this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These tags are perfectly clean and elegant! Love the black/kraft/silver palette you used.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks to me like your Mojo is doing just fine. I really like your tags. Kraft, black and silver are always a winner in my book. And the bells are the prefect finishing touch.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated. Thanks so much for your encouragement.