Tuesday, 25 November 2014

Papertrey Ink: November 2014 Blog Hop Challenge

It's the 25th already and time for another Blog Hop over at Papertrey Ink. Loved the theme for this time around because Christmas is my favourite card making occasion and nothing says Christmas to me like Snow ...


Isn't this gorgeous? I don't really like the cold and snow but it certainly looks beautiful! This photo of Central Park makes me want to spend the holidays in NYC. Nichole Heady has more inspiration over at her blog so make sure you check it out.

My first, and favourite, card just made it itself. It's so simple ...


I cut a stencil with my Silhouette and used embossing paste for the background snow. A couple of Peaceful Pinecone die cuts and it was done. I love all of the sentiments in PTI's O'Tannenbaum stamp set and I find myself stamping them on almost every project. Oh, I used some rainstones for the first time ever - I've been hoarding them.

Next is a card with images from the O'Tannenbaum stamp set ...


Very simple but hard to photograph - the entire image panel was glittered with *contaminated* (yes, I might have dropped some Antique Linen glitter in the jar by mistake at one time or another) Tim Holtz Rock Candy Distress Glitter after it had been stamped. I've done this before and like the effect, it's almost like glass. But it's very difficult to capture this in a photo, especially with the weather we're having here today, completely cloudy and almost foggy. A closeup shows the glitter a little bit better. In real life this is a very pretty card, if I do say so myself! The background patterned paper is from Betsy Veldman's Tinsel & Tags' kit.


Continuing along, another in the "white series" (can't help it, I love white) ...


So I guess I'm also liking that banner from the Tinsel & Tags kit - this time I turned it around :). I used Smokey Shadow ink, stamped off one time, for the banner image and then heat embossed the sentiment with silver embossing powder. That tree from In the Meadow has been stamped in Fresh Ink's Mint and then glittered with Martha Stewart coarse glitter. In real life it shines like crazy!

Okay, so I was really liking this Snow theme -  the next two projects are very different from the white ones above. You know I had to make a shaker card, right?


This shaker was made with Betsy's Shaker Shapes: Ornament die and a Sparkle word cut. I absolutely love this ornament shaker die and am in the middle of making 24 photo ornaments for our Christmas tree. I do photos of our grandsons for the tree every year and this die is making it so easy (and so cute) this year. This card looks like a red and cream Scandinavian Christmas to me. The patterned paper is an old scrap from Echo Park that I had in my stash.

Last project, promise, a snowflake gift tag. I've decided that my wrapping scheme this year is Kraft, Red and Pink. I found wrapping paper that is very close to Sweet Blush, so I'm one happy girl. I haven't decided on my tags yet, but this design is in the running. I usually make multiples of three to five different designs.


It's impossible to see, but the centre of the snowflakes has been glittered up. And that's it for me! No more playing until all my Christmas projects are completely finished. So many to do!


42 comments:

  1. All your cards are exquisite. I love the colors and the texture you used to give it the snow look. Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. In love with each one, Diana! O Tannenbaum, is stunning with its glittery snow bg. Even if your glitter is 'contaminated'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You've been a busy gal creating all these wonderful projects! I love all your cards but especially the one with the sugar coated Christmas tree. So minty and sparkly. Just beautiful! Have fun hopping! Blessings~ Birgit

    ReplyDelete
  4. These cards are all gorgeous but that one with the Tannenbaum tree, oh, I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! You have done a fantastic job on all of these! That O' Tannenbaum card is exquisite!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All your cards are gorgeous! Love the subtle colouring of the first three.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, wow, these are all so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You were busy! I really love the Tannenbaum card and the shaker ornament - all lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow. You have made really gorgeous cards. Each and every one is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome, glittery, snowy projects! I want to make photo ornaments, too, but haven't even got the photos printed out, yet! I hope we get to see some of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh sista! These are stunning!!!! All of them. I love the simplicity of the first one, the glitter on the 2nd and 3rd ones, the shaker...oh my. And the tag!!! Oh my word, I need to recreate that tag for my Christmas gift tags - it would be perfect with my snowflake theme! All of them, I keep scrolling back up to look again!!! Amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So many amazing cards & a really delightful tag - beautiful projects!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a wonderful collection of cards, but my favorite is the first one---just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous collection of projects! Love the beautiful winter wonderland scenes that you created!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow!! I love the textured snow background with the Peaceful Pinecones set and your glittery Christmas tree. Good luck with your photo ornament shaker cards. I can't imagine making 24 of them!! Every one of your projects is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! You went to town on all your projects for the blog hop! Love em! I had a good giggle at the name of your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my goodness! You outdid yourself here! These are each and every one stunning! I want to CASE them all! I love the neutrals you used and your work is really lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So serene, I feel relaxed, calm and so good after looking at your cards, great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, what a busy lady! You've created so much awesomeness - love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow! These are all great. I really like the pine cone one!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Amazing! These are all so beautifully done and detailed! Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh my, Diana! ALL of these cards are amazing. I love each one better than the one before!!! That Peaceful Pinecone one is STUNNING! I love the background and the simple placement of the pine cones and the single sequin, and...
    The In the Meadow is so pretty and oh my "o my do I LOVE your shaker!
    You were on a ROLL!!!!
    Thanks for sharing these fabulous cards!!!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  23. Each one is more and more beauitful!! I love each exquisite design!

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  24. What can I say that hasn't already been said. Your cards are simply stunning. You know I love the sparkle!


    You really are a snow bunny, huh? :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Diana your collection of "snow inspired" cards is amazing! Can't pick a favorite, I love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Gorgeous cards. Love the pine cone one. I too like O'Tannenbaum.

    ReplyDelete
  27. These are gorgeous. I love the warm, neutral colors and all that gentle, soft sparkle! We will get snow tomorrow. Not sure if that is a good thing, with the Thanksgiving holiday travelling and all, but ready or not, here it comes.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow, such beautiful cards!! I love your colour combinations and all the glitter, just beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. OMG OMG OMG!! WOWOWOWOW!! These are ALL just BEAUTIFUL!! =) I LOVE the Designs and COULDN'T pick a FAVORITE if I tried??!! I do LOVE the Ornament Shaker and that Coarse Glitter Tree just makes me HAPPY!! =) THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS THANKSGIVING WEEK!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  30. WOW! What a gorgeous post full of gorgeous Snow inspiration Diana! Love your work!

    ReplyDelete
  31. You are quite the busy bee. These are all simply gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Great set of Chrismas cards, I love them all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. All of your projects are just gorgeous. I think my favorite is that first one with the pinecones. I love that set, and use it a lot. Don't know why I never thought of layering the die cuts like you did. I need to try that some time.

    ReplyDelete
  34. You were really on a roll! Love all your projects, but the first is also my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Oh my goodness! You were definitely inspired- and so many beautiful creations! I love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  36. BEAUTIFUL CARDS, Diana!! I especially love your tone-on-tone O'Tannenbaum card. Really lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  37. I agree with teresa currie - tone on tone on O'tannenbaum is lovely .How did you do the background to the tree without affecting the tree ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I finished all my stamping, applied an even coat of Krylon spray adhesive and then sprinkled with the glitter. So easy and quick to do.

      Delete
  38. Hi Diana, Thank you for stopping in to visit me on the Hop; I'm sorry to be so late in returning the flavor. Our Thanksgiving holiday and weekend followed soon after and made me so far behind! I'm so happy I finally be here. You have provided us with an enormous amount of Christmas inspiration! Thank you for all of it! Each and every one is stunning and I adore your wrapping colors for 2014!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  39. A beautiful collection of Christmas cards! Your designs are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated. Thanks so much for your encouragement.