Thursday, 6 November 2014

PTI MIM #187: Partial Die Cuts for the Holidays (Second Post)

I'm back with a second project for this week's Make It Monday challenge, over at Papertrey Ink. Melissa Phillips is hosting and her tag is just gorgeous!

I wasn't entirely happy with yesterday's project but there were elements that I liked. Did I ever tell you that I love POW glitter paper from American Craft's? It cuts like butter in my Silhouette, the glitter doesn't flake off because it's like a plastic film and it is the most glittery paper ever. So I used some again on today's card.


Very simple, again. My stars were cut with PTI's Seeing Stars die collection, glued onto a Stamper's Select White card panel and the edges were trimmed. I foam mounted a banner that was stamped in Smokey Shadow with one of the sentiments from PTI's Keep It Simple: Merry Christmas set. The panel was then foam mounted onto a Soft Stone card base.

This card makes a nice set with the tags that I did yesterday ...


Fun challenge, but I really have to get going with my "real" Christmas stuff. The matchy-matchy things to go with my colour scheme this year. These projects have given me just the creative push that I needed!

8 comments:

  1. Diana I love this CAS gorgeous star card! Someone loved your tag set yesterday it was featured on Nichole's blog! I love the tags too! Congrats on the shout out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right, this makes a great set together! The glitter paper is so pretty, just love your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very pretty Diana! The star studded background looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Diana, you're cinching this challenge with ease! Love the glitter paper and the partial cuts of the stars. In answer to your questions, the gold is from Betsy's first Make It Market Kit. Small gold ink was included. Its from Color Box and is a Pigmented ink.
    And the card stock isn't a pink, but is Stamper's Select White from PTI. I think it just photographed a shade of pink!

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful christmas card, love the clean look and the silver glitter stars.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful CAS design, Diana. Love that glittery stars ~ it really makes all the difference when you used the quality products, doesn't it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love.this.card! I love all things sparkle. Might have to CASE this! ;)

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated. Thanks so much for your encouragement.