Thursday, 11 December 2014

Merry & Bright

So much to do, so little time! I know I'm not the only one saying this (over and over) at this time of the year but it's a fact. But I love the hustle and bustle and wouldn't change a thing. I've managed to make and mail out all of my Christmas cards (yay), thanks to making them throughout the year. And I took a little bit of time for myself yesterday to make this card which I'm posting in two challenges.

Over at CAS(E) This Sketch #102, Gayatri Murali provided this week's sketch ...


and I'm also entering into the challenge over at Merry Monday #138, where this week's assignment is to make a Christmas card using gold, silver, white and one other colour of your choice (I chose Enchanted Evening from PTI).


My card ...


A shaker card that should have been very easy to make because I wasn't dealing with a fiddly narrow frame, except that I forgot to put in an acetate window on my first attempt (duh!) and made a total mess when I shook it to see how the sequins and glitter looked all mixed up together :).

Supplies:

Cardstock: PTI Stamper's Select White, Enchanted Evening
Stamps: PTI Grand Ampersand
Ink: PTI Smokey Shadow
Dies: PTI Sketched Stars, Small Sketched Stars, Cover Plate: Stripes Diagonal; Lil Inkers Starry Sky, Stitched Rectangles
Other: American Crafts Pow glitter paper; Martha Stewart glitter; sequins


13 comments:

  1. I Love the fresh crisp look of your card! I guess you will never forget to add the acetate again.. just a good thing it wasn't glitter inside!
    Thanks for joining us at Case this sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome...love your star idea for the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this is gorgeous, Diana! Fabulous take on the sketch! I love those stars with the stripes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the fresh trendy feel of this card, those stripes and that font are fabulous! Gorgeous card! Thanks for joining us this week at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! Fabulous card, Diana! Love your take of the sketch and star windows. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hate it when I miss one step, yep you need that window! It turned our beautiful with the inlay stars, just beautiful, Diana !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! Love that you added the acetate - I could just imagine the mess LOL! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Merry Monday.

    Deanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful creation! Love the sentiment, colors and layout, make it really stand out. Thanks for the inspiration as I am making my own Christmas wishes card too. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, how I love this card! I'm always such a fan. PS I've totally done the same thing making a shaker card, but fortunately mine was just sequins....I can only image the mess. :)

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated. Thanks so much for your encouragement.