Saturday, 13 December 2014

Papertrey Ink Make It Monday #192: Tab Closure Tri-fold Card

I had a very unusual day yesterday, to say the least. Thieves are now sending me unwanted Christmas gifts. To make a very long and tedious story short, my credit card was compromised (locally) and the very "brilliant" hacker had one (an LCD monitor) of his many online purchases delivered to my house! Let's just say that UPS has some serious flaws in its policies that allow people to change delivery addresses; and that online merchants need to be more careful about letting customers change recipient names to ones that don't match the confirmed credit card address.

Anyway, it's Betsy Veldman up over at the Papertrey Ink blog for this week's Make it Monday. She demonstrates a fun, and useful, technique and her inspiration was inspiring ...


Isn't it gorgeous? Just like everything that Betsy makes! I decided, after my verrrry interesting day yesterday, to treat myself to some "me" time and join in. I needed a card/money holder for the concierge in our building, so I created a little "packaging" ...



I used a Limitless Layers 1-3/4" inch circle die for my tab which I embellished with some Holly Jolly leaves cut from felt and topped with a red sequin. I dry embossed the lower half of my card with an old Basic Grey embossing folder that I don't think I've ever used before. The star of the show is definitely that Double Cut Holiday word Noël. The base of it was cut from Rustic Cream card and the detailed topper uses some gorgeous red foiled cardstock that a friend sent to me (thanks Linda!). A strip of washi tape on the bottom of the card finishes the front off nicely. And since I'm a firm believer that you can never have too much cute packaging, the inside of this card features a pocket for the cash ...


The pocket was made with PTI's Journal Pocket #2 die (love) and a sweet bow from Betsy's Tinsel & Tags die set adds that little extra touch.

15 comments:

  1. What a beautiful CAS card! You have allowed all the elements to take their rightful place and be admired. That embossing with the Basic Grey tree folder is just the right touch with the red striped tape. Thank you for sharing this wonderful creation, and happy holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diana, this is wonderful! What a great gift card holder! Your Noel is gorgeous! Definitely gonna 'borrow' this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore this card. You are simply too talented, mon amie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your gift card holder, Diana! Beautiful color combo and the Noel is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry about your card! Unfortunately we've had our cards compromised twice this year. I'm glad you got some time to take your mind off things and boy did you ever create something gorgeous. I totally want that die just to use it for a gift card pocket like you did. We give lots of gift cards and this packaging is incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the red Noel on the Kraft paper! Gorgeous card! So sorry about your card...perhaps you can keep the monitor but have the charges reversed?!?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bummer about your credit card, but your "me" time was put to good use, Diana. Your card turned out beautiful. The recipient will be impressed...and very pleased with a gift card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh that is so pretty, Diana! It's cool to see that you're using that gorgeous NOEL die!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this, Diana! Fabulous take on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're so welcome, Diana! I definitely will be sending more. Love the card! Lucky recipient! Those Holiday Double Cuts are on my wish list.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Diana, this gift card holder inside and out is fabulous! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This gift card holder is wonderful! I love the Noel flap and that fun washi tape! ADORABLE!!!!!!
    I am so sorry about the theft,I wish we knew how to stop making it so easy for all the bad people out there.
    Merry Christmas ,Diana!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I missed that MIM, but now I'll have to go back to that one. Your gift card holder is wonderful! Hope no lingering problems from the hacker--so frustrating!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated. Thanks so much for your encouragement.