Tuesday, 30 December 2014

Papertrey Ink Make It Monday #195: 2014 À La Carte

This week over at Nichole Heady's Papertrey Ink blog we have our choice of any of the 50 techniques that were demonstrated in this year's Make It Monday videos. I decided to choose one that I had missed ...

Make It Monday #185: Faux Stained Glass
with Betsy Veldman

Since 2014 was the year of the shaker card, I decided to make one more in honour of Betsy's incredible Make It Market Kits - a new one of which is being revealed tomorrow; cannot wait!



Despite the fact that I had problems stamping the Doodlie-Do images because my Staz-On ink pad hasn't been used in about five years and it's pretty much all dried out, I really like how this card turned out. Even though I am not even a good Copic colourer, it doesn't much matter when you're colouring on acetate because there aren't a lot of opportunities for shading.
One of the sentiments from Doodlie-Do was stamped repeatedly on the shaker's background layer, just like Betsy did with her card. It adds fantastic dimension in real life. I forgot to take a photo, but the inside of this card is stamped with one of the "feel better soon" sentiments from Keep It Simple: Get Well.

Supplies:

Cardstock: PTI Rustic White, Clear Cardstock
Stamps: PTI Doodlie-Do, Keep It Simple: Get Well, Songbirds
Ink: PTI Smokey Shadow; Staz-On; Fresh Ink Blue Sage
Dies: PTI Songbirds, Make It Market Shakers & Sprinkles Kit
Other:  Copics, Martha Stewart Fine Glitter


18 comments:

  1. SO pretty! This will definitely cheer someone up! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful card to receive! Love how you stamped and colored the acetate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning! I love this set, and this card is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ack! I LOVE this card! It just sings cheer and Kansas Sunflowers! So cheery, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great design with your wavy musical sentiment! Your stained glass shaker is lovely in the colors you used!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this fabulous shaker card! Those sunflowers would definitely cheer me up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Diana tis card is so lovely!! The brights colors of flowers are gorgeous and I love how you layered the songbirds music overtop....that set is definetly on my wishlist!! Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Diana you created such a beautiful card with this technique! Love the stamps you used.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How wonderful to see a bright summery card in the midst of winter Diana. I'm in awe of the crisp impression you got on the acetate, especially if your staz on was a bit dry! Great design.
    Have a wonderful 2015!
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome Sunflower card! I didn't reaiize that those flowers from Doodle-Do were Kansas Sunflowers! You stamped and colored them, PERFECTLY!!!
    Gorgeous card!
    Thanks for sharing
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card. Love those sunflowers.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card, Diana! Somehow I missed this Make-It-Monday. Will have to give this a try.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Perfection!! You've done a marvelous job with this technique!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Diana,this is stunning! The music strip across the image is gorgeous! Like Nichole from Papertrey Ink said........Perfection! Happy New Hear!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wowzer! I just found this gem on Pinterest, and I'm hoping to CASE it once I actually get brave and open up the stamp set. Your work is amazing and provides abundant inspiration, for which I thank you!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated. Thanks so much for your encouragement.