Saturday, 3 January 2015

Fusion One Year Anniversary Celebration

The Fusion Card Challenge blog is celebrating its one year anniversary, here and the inspiration is gorgeous!

I so love that chalkboard with the gold frame and that lovely pink goodness. For my card, I used an old Tattered Angels chipboard frame that I had in my stash and embossed it with gold powder. I loved these frames so much, in the time, that I might still have a few more hiding in my studio somewhere.

I can't believe how difficult it was to photo this. (I'm always complaining about photos; it seems to take me twice as long to photo and edit as it does to make the actual card!)


At first, I used the frame like this, without gold embossing it ...


 ... and then I said to myself "Duh! (I have to say this to myself a lot when stamping) Why not make it gold?", and I do like it a lot better this way. After all, it's what first attracted me to the inspiration image.

This is a birthday card, made especially for someone who will be turning 90 this month, and the inside reads like this (I did lots of masking to make this sentiment) ...


Happy Birthday, Fusion, and thanks to the Design Team for all the fabulous inspiration that you provided during the year!

Supplies:

Cardstock: PTI  Vintage Cream, Smokey Shadow
Stamps: PTI Rosie Posie, Big Hugs, Keep It Simple: Birthday, Phrase Play #4
Inks: PTI Smokey Shadow; Fresh Ink Sugar, Basil
Dies: PTI Rosie Posie, Big Hugs
Other: Tattered Angels chipboard frame; Zing Gold embossing powder

14 comments:

  1. Gah! That card is simply stunning! I just think I might know the special lady turning 90 who will LOVE this card! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card! I remember trying to track down those frames...never did!
    I agree, the Gold made it pop! Duh!
    Pretty, pretty! It will be appreciated and loved!
    Thanks for sharing
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. super pretty, I do love the gold but the original is still very gorgeous!
    Thanks for playing with us at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous!! Love the gold frame!!

    Deanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty. Very elegant with that single rose. Love the frame with gold, and how you stamped the inside, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh ♥WOW♥ what a beautiful birthday card AND an awesome take on the FUSION challenge as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautifully done, Diana! Love how you framed the flower in both gold and white. Looks amazing both ways, really. Like you, I do love the gold. Beautiful inside sentiment as well! Yes, photography and editing are necessary evils...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful clean design on this Diana! I think I like the gold framed best - but the other is certainly lovely as well!! thank you so much for sharing this with us at the Fusion Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Diana, this is awesome! I love the gold frame! Thanks for joining us at Fusion's 1st birthday celebrations!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, this is gorgeous, Diana! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. SUPER gorgeous, and I love how your frame is "hugging" your flower, just like it says! Great design, Diana. The gold really kicks it up a notch! Thanks for playing in the Fusion Challlenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a pretty card! Love the fancy gold ornate TA frame! Great take on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated. Thanks so much for your encouragement.