Saturday, 7 February 2015

Papertrey Ink 8th Anniversary Day 1: DT Inspiration

In case you didn't know it, Papertrey Ink is celebrating its 8th Anniversary this month. From February 5 to the 15th (when the new release goes live) there are so many festivities happening, with lots of challenges and lots of chances to win goodies!! Gotta love that.

The challenge for Day 1 is to get inspired by the Design Team. I chose this colour combination ...

and this sketch ...

and made this ...

In case you didn't know, I'm "wintering" in Florida this year and I'm having to make do with very limited craft supplies. I only brought a bare minimum of stamps and dies with me and I'm already regretting that I didn't cram everything into the car with us! Every time I turn around I realize that I forgot something essential at home. For this card I would have preferred to die cut my sentiment from gold foil but of course I don't have any here. It is what it is and I'm actually loving getting out into the Florida sunshine as opposed to huddling by the fire back home in Québec. But I do appreciate my nicely equipped studio at home, and the perfect lighting I have for photo taking.

Supplies:

Cardstock: PTI Stamper's Select White
Stamps: PTI Sweet Life
Inks: PTI Sweet Blush, Fine Linen, Berry Sorbet, Aqua Mist, Classic Kraft
Dies: PTI Wet Paint Cuts
Other: Sequins

5 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous card, mon amie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For makeshift supplies, you are doing very well. This is beautiful but can see why you would like a gold sentiment as it would definitely pop. Try it when you get back home, Diana!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful! I can see where a gold sentiment would stand out nicely. What if you purchased one of those metallic gold markers and colored it? It could work, maybe... I think it's sweet just the same!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The card is perfect as is! But if you were so inclined you could change out the sentiment! But I LOVE it.
    I need to try a split panel... You did it so well!!!
    Thanks for sharing
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  5. The card is perfect as is! But if you were so inclined you could change out the sentiment! But I LOVE it.
    I need to try a split panel... You did it so well!!!
    Thanks for sharing
    Susan

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated. Thanks so much for your encouragement.