Thursday, 12 February 2015

Papertrey Ink 8th Anniversary Day 7: Heavy Metal Challenge

 
So guess what was introduced over at Nichole's blog, here, yesterday morning? Luxe Metallics and I'm going "wow". I see one-stop shopping in my future. And the challenge is to create a new project that uses only metallics and neutrals. Here's mine ...


You had to know that my neutral was going to be white! If I had my Tipped Tops dies with me I would have cut a mat layer out of the woodgrain patterned paper that you can see in the background of the photo. But, alas, they're back home and I'm not Maile. I used the large plain butterfly, die cut from white cardstock, as my grounding element and added two small butterfly layers to it. One was cut from vellum and I outlined it with a glue pen and then dipped it into white glitter. The top butterfly was cut from white cardstock, stamped with Versafine and heat embossed with Liquid Platinum embossing powder. I also used some Heidi Swapp Gold Color Shine on the card front.
 
Supplies:

Cardstock - PTI Stamper's Select White, Vellum
Stamps - PTI Life is Beautiful
Inks - PTI Smokey Shadow
Dies - PTI Life is Beautiful
Other - Ranger Liquid Platinum embossing powder; Heidi Swapp Gold Color Shine; Doodlebug White glitter

6 comments:

  1. Your card is GORGEOUS!!! Life is Beautiful is the best butterfly die, as your card shows!
    But... It cracks me up! I used Life is Beautiful, I DID use Tipped Tops, AND... I used Liquid Platinum Embossing powder!!!
    GREAT minds think alike :)
    Thanks for sharing
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, beautiful card. Life is Beautiful is the best butterfly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh. Wow!!! So pretty, Diana!!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated. Thanks so much for your encouragement.