Wednesday, 4 March 2015

Papertrey Ink Make It Monday #203: Doodling with Stamps

Ashley Cannon Newell is hosting this week's Make It Monday challenge over at Papertrey Ink. She's demonstrating just how she made that mindblowing doodled Enclosed: Flower card during February's release. She's so artistic and trendy and I really love her colour sense.

I really wanted to play along even though I've discovered that I'm not a natural doodler. I am way too uptight! Nothing flowed, it was just very stressful! I tried at least eight different things and nothing was working. I was so determined to do something with the Enclosed Flower because I loved Ashley's cards so much but I FINALLY realized (after so many failed attempts) that I couldn't succesfully doodle on it because it's a large scale stamp set. My handwriting is really quite small and I just wasn't comfortable making all those large, sweeping doodles. I also realized that combining the technique of doodling with watercolouring was way too ambitious for me :). So I dropped the watercolouring and turned to Mini Blooms and I ended up with this ...


... a very conservative and controlled card (because that's the way I like it). Minimal doodling, thank goodness. At least I tried.

Supplies:

Cardstock - PTI Stamper's Select White, Soft Stone, Smokey Shadow
Stamps - PTI Mini Blooms, Beautiful Brushstrokes
Inks - PTI Raspberry Fizz, Lavender Moon, Winter Wisteria, Limeade Ice, Simply Chartreuse
Dies - PTI Woodgrain Impression Plate, Wet Paint Cuts; Spellbinders Nesting Circles

13 comments:

  1. Conservative and controlled and awesome! This is my style, too! I've been told many times to "loosen up!" by an art class instructor and my flute instructor... It's just not in my genes! So I just doodled a small panel for my card ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. woo hoo! you doodled outside the lines! Just perfect. Such a wonderful card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry to hear of your doodling difficulties--but I must say that this rendition is superb. You made such a wonderful scene, and framing it within a circular window is a brilliant idea. yay for uptight people--I totally get where you are coming from:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh..... so, SO pretty! Love how you've framed the flowers!

    ReplyDelete

  5. Good job! I really like your card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Diana, you don't give yourself enough credit. I love this card and am pinning it for later. How did you manage to have all the right supplies with you while on vacation? You are amazing and really can doodle!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very sweet card! I like the clean and simple style

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful card !! I love the woodgrain background and the sweet blooms !!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You did great with the doodling, Diana--beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is perfect! Love your doodles...I agree with Danielle...just enough! :)

    ReplyDelete

All comments are very much appreciated. Thanks so much for your encouragement.